Home – New Forums Other discussions Over taxed and Over regulated – Toobigtoignore

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up
    ::

If you feel the pain and are concerned about the future of small businesses in Australia, please visit the page below and voice your concern – takes 3 minutes.

Then come back and share your thoughts here to encourage others.

Share on FB, LinkedIn, Twitter if you can. United we stand….

Moderators, any chance this can be covered in the next email?

http://toobigtoignore.org.au/why-should-i-add-my-voice

EDIT: Let’s stay apolitical. Instead of bagging parties, let’s constructively discuss issues and policies. Keep it clean and respectful. Thanks

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 157462 wrote:
    If you feel the pain and are concerned about the future of small businesses in Australia, please visit the page below and voice your concern – takes 3 minutes.

Then come back and share your thoughts here to encourage others.

Share on FB, LinkedIn, Twitter if you can. United we stand….

Moderators, any chance this can be covered in the next email?

http://toobigtoignore.org.au/why-should-i-add-my-voicePolitics on Flying Solo!

Please no.

Mods, this should be deleted. If we allow one political campaign here, where will it end?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Now thats a busy web site.. reminds me that i need a bigger monitor to see more things without scrolling :)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Umm, Do you see anyone promoting a specific party?

Let’s give it some serious thought before we throw the baby out with the bath water.

ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN

There are over 2 million small businesses in Australia, employing over 7 million people. That’s over 60% of our workforce. Yet, for too many years, small business has been overtaxed, overregulated and overlooked by government.

The upcoming Federal election presents small business with a rare opportunity to get on the political agenda. But, small business is, by nature, small. The only way they can make a big enough noise to be heard in Canberra is to bring all those small voices together.

This campaign has been developed to do just that. By uniting the many small voices of small business all round the country, our aim is to show politicians that, together, small business is too big to ignore.

This website brings together in one place, deeply personal accounts from real small business operators who have agreed to share their stories here.

If you’re a small business operator, if you work for one, if you care about small business or if you dream of one day opening one of your own, this website is for you.

It’s your voice, your forum and your opportunity to help ensure small business gets the fair go it deserves.

Please lend your support and add your voice. Because with your help, we can ensure the big voice of small business gets heard this election.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

It only takes 5 minutes to see who is backing this campaign and what they stand for.

Flying Solo is not about politics, politics makes people slightly crazy.

I have no issues with political campaigns, but please not here!

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Small business is the meat in the sandwich, regardless of which team you support, I think they’re all on the nose lately.

Over regulation and unpaid administration on behalf of Gov. are big issues, not sure about too much tax, but it’s certainly not spent efficiently.

Their website has to be the worst site I’ve been on in a very long time though … the message is lost in the mess. It’s bad enough to lose them the argument or momentum needed … I wouldn’t persevere with it long enough to get the info needed for a value judgement on the issue they’re arguing.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Nothing wrong with being Apolitical. Discuss policies, not parties.

People respect organisations that take a stand. Who don’t mind being politically incorrect.

Look at Avaaz.org.

I don’t agree with all their views but they raise money and represent because they refuse to bow down to status quo. I’m suggesting we represent ourselves and hold the government (not just the current) accountable.

I’ve been told religion and politics don’t mix with business but in my experience, it mixes very well as long as those involved maintain civility, avoid accusations and know how to agree to disagree.

I have more meaningful conversations with those who disagree with my views than those who agree.

Reminds me of the following quote.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Wow….. that website was a pain in the ass to use LOL

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi all,

In the community guidelines we do tread very warily on politics:

“…It’s best to avoid discussion on politics, religion, legal advice and medical advice as these often lead to unproductive discussions and are likely to be deleted.”

Nothing wrong with political debate of course, but there are lots of other places online to open up those often bottomless cans of worms.

For now we’ll leave the thread and link up due to it’s direct relevance to small business (unless it becomes even more political in nature) but any political comments/stories would be best added over on the campaign website rather than here on Flying Solo.

Cheers,
    Peter

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

The Cleaning Industry has been trying for a number of years to develop a Peak Body to represent it to Government.

Dotting the i and crossing the t have been a very slow process and the cleaning industry in its self represents almost 11% of the Australian workforce.

It would be a move in the right direction if a body be created to represent the small business of Australia being a legal entity and with credible representatives.

This way the Government would take notice. Any other form of representation maybe well meaning but in my humble opinion will be treated as just
    “Hot Air”.

This Organisation would not be a political body, but purely a representative body of Individuals trying to make an honest living.

These are my thoughts, you may not agree

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 157499 wrote:
    Wow….. that website was a pain in the ass to use LOL

Oh good, I thought it was just me!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.