Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Overseas sales and marketing staff

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Virtual Coworker
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

I do biz dev for Virtual Coworker, an offshore recruitment company in the Philippines.

I’m curious who in this community has utilized outsourcing for any of their sales and marketing needs.

We have placed a lot of people in this area including sales and customer service reps, social media managers, lead generators and so on.

I would love to hear your experiences… Good or bad.

Cheers and have a good week!

Kevin

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    Kevin Virtual Coworker, post: 163228 wrote:
    I would love to hear your experiences… Good or bad.

I used an outsourcing customer service company a few years ago in a previous business (web hosting) and the results were… interesting. The “sample” replies were fine but I woke up one morning to find a number of barely English responses to customer support queries that even I couldn’t understand.

They also drove a couple of potential sales away with similar replies, even though they weren’t supposed to be handling sales.

In my current business I have a couple of clients who are moving their work back here because they weren’t happy with the quality and there is quite a bit of work to “undo”.

I don’t mean any offense but I think it’s a case of “you get what you pay for”. Sometimes the cost savings are worth it, sometimes they’re not.

Kevin Virtual Coworker
    Up

I totally agree with you mate. You do get what you pay for. That being said, you don’t need to be paying $30 an hour to get someone great. It’s about finding the RIGHT person, not the right price.

What country was your rep from?

Cheers,
    Kevin

DKChoices
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

For front office type interactions, I would say that it is very difficult for a business to justify outsourcing. The risk to the business of losing customers is too great.

However, for the rationalisation of specific back office functions, it might be worthwhile.

Having said that, there is now a trend in the US of bringing outsourced functions back into the US because the cost differential is no longer that great, and it is just simply easier to have it in the same locality.

Kevin Virtual Coworker
    Up

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply. In the states, outsourcing isn’t AS valuable because you can still hire quality university students or recent grads for 10 bucks an hour.

I agree with you that you shouldn’t be outsourcing all of your front office stuff. I think where outsourcing really works is having someone do a lot of the sales and marketing stuff that is just time consuming (research, data mining, etc) –freeing up hours in the day for the domestic staff to really focus on growing the business.

Cheers,
    Kevin

[email protected]

OnlineMarketingPrincess
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

I want to try it out for sales, but so far I havent done so. I use Odesk for many areas of my business.

Kevin Virtual Coworker
    Up
    OnlineMarketingPrincess, post: 163818 wrote:
    I want to try it out for sales, but so far I havent done so. I use Odesk for many areas of my business.

Shoot me an email at [email protected]. Maybe we can help you out.

Cheers,
    Kevin

612Sue
    Participant
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

Hi,

I tried this a couple of times with limited to no success, The best results I had were using a local company for telesales/lead generation (mygotogirl)

Cheers

Sue

tomwhite
    • Total posts: 51
    Up

I use low-cost overseas freelancers, as well as local/native English speaking contractors to manage various aspects of my sales and online marketing. They are essential to my business.

The reason why so many people have bad experiences, in my opinion, is that they don’t put in the work at the front-end to hire the right person, don’t create a proper process which someone can follow, and then don’t spend time getting that person up to speed and in-tune with their thinking.

Its not a quick-fix, but long term you save time, money and most importantly free up your time (so you can work on, rather than in your business).

I’ve actually just written a blog post on this topic today, because so many people seem to have the same problems, and yet it can be the ideal solution for many businesses.

http://www.onlinealchemist.com/the-truth-about-outsourcing-steps-to-make-it-work/

For me it’s about building a long-term relationship and treating the person as a key asset to my business (not a ‘cheap’ worker).

I’d be interested in your thoughts on this…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.