Home – New Forums Marketing mastery ozbargain.com.au listing going off!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    612Sue
    Participant
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    ::

heya,

i have put some of our products onto http://www.ozbargain.com.au and have been astounded with the response, well worth a look at the site and listing your products.

very well presented with a forum style feedback for your listing that generates a lot of interest and feedback

keen to hear of any other people using the site.

cheers

Sue
    http://www.survivalstorehouse.com

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sue,

Thanks for sharing this tip with us – I’m sure it will come in handy for a few people around here.

Glad to hear that things are going well for you :)

Jayne

Fresh
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Thanks Sue!

We posted a 70% off deal on ozbargain.com.au, so that people can try our new Tea Tree facial treatment masks, and got an amazing response!

Interestingly, many of the customers from there have been male… seems like more and more guys are taking better care of their skin, or buying for their wife, girlfriends :)

Cheers!

T J Madigan
    • Total posts: 255
    Up
    Fresh, post: 119021 wrote:
    Thanks Sue!

We posted a 70% off deal on ozbargain.com.au, so that people can try our new Tea Tree facial treatment masks, and got an amazing response!

Interestingly, many of the customers from there have been male… seems like more and more guys are taking better care of their skin, or buying for their wife, girlfriends :)

Cheers!

Not sure how that works.
    Your add says special offer:
    Regular Price $20.95
    Sale Price $6.28
    But when I click on the links to your site it is selling for $20.95
    RRP: $26.85
    Your Price: $20.95
    (You save $5.90)

Something not right there I think

Fresh
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi TJ,

Thanks for your interest… at check out, use the coupon code OZBARGAIN to get the 70% off.

Cheers!

Jenish Pandya
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Is there any fee or so associated with listing on OZbargain?

Cheers
    Jenish

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Looks like a good site, though doesn’t look like it’ll work for my business. Seems more product orientated. :(

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

I’ve had a lot of experience using OzBargain, and for one of my previous clients I used to work for, who is a huge brand in Australia, they received a far few amount of sales from OzBargain. In fact it was the best performing social media community site we dealt with. There are a few reasons why:

1. People are there and already willing to buy.
    2. People on the site are driven by the thrill of purchasing a deal so they actually do buy.
    3. Savvy shoppers visit there as part of the last part of their purchase decision making process once they’ve already made a decision to buy.

There are a few things you need to consider when using OzBargains as a marketing too, and this comes from many mistakes we had to learn from.

1. Make sure your deal is the BEST deal out there.This especially goes for products that you sell that are also stocked on other sites. You find the community at OzBargains to be one of the most savvy shopping communities you can find. They WILL call you out immediately if there is anything about your deal that is not right including not the best price, seems fishy, your checkout process isn’t smooth. I advise you to check all this before posting your deal, or expect negative comments to drive your customers away on your posting.

2. If you are posting your own deals, make sure you sign up for a merchant accounts. People on the website don’t really care who posts the deals, but if OzBargains finds out through your posting activity that you are the merchant and you didn’t sign up for a merchant account, expect to be banned. This is not something you want happening. Merchant accounts make it transparent to customers that you are the merchant and you are also limited to posting one deal every 2 weeks (last time I checked).

3. If you are using a coupon code, make sure you make that clear to people, as we’ve seen from the comments above sometimes people miss that instruction and they move through the checkout process wondering where the deal is. make sure you make it clear through your use of BOLD in the description. Or put it in the title.

We found the OzBargain drove a lot of click throughs to the website whenever we post up a deal so make sure your site is spick and span and ready :)

Good luck!!

Thanks for reading

Wendy

P.S. YES IT IS FREE TO USE :) EVEN FOR MERCHANTS!

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Just a small word of caution for those thinking about taking advantage… While the users on OB are very active they are also very VERY vocal too. Another user posted that you should make sure your offer is the best and I would also like to add that you should make sure it’s well communicated and thoroughly thought out.

I’ve witnessed a few businesses post deals on there which have been decent deals in their own right, but the person posting hasn’t properly communicated all aspects as well as they should. The result was that the OB users immediately will vote down anything that doesn’t seem right to them, and be extremely vocal about it too.

So while it’s great that there’s a high level of social interaction there which is awesome, I have seen it cause damage to businesses too. Just tread carefully is all I’m saying :)

scotty
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

Hi all! This is scotty @ OzBargain and I found this thread through good ol’ & Google search :) Yes it is an Australian community website for shoppers to share and discuss deals they have found. However we also allow merchants to come and post deals — although they are treated a bit differently (must declare as store reps, members might judge a merchant’s deal more strictly, have some posting limits, etc) Some merchants are put off by the community that often put price first, but many have found great success.

For example from today’s deal — NetPlus in Perth is selling Intel SSD drive at very good price. They get 2,300+ click-throughs within 3 hours and sold out their stock within 2 (I have no idea how many they are selling though).

However before you jump on-board, read what SavvySME has wrote here FIRST! She has given some very good suggestions that one of our moderators said we should have copied them to our community guidelines :) Basically,

1. Make sure merchants declare themselves as “Store Reps” when they submit deals and when they comment. It’s just a checkbox on the submission form and no need to register a “merchant account”
    2. Community members are there for good bargains so make sure your price is good, and make sure your posting is clear
    3. OzBargain members can also be quite vocal if they find any issue with your deal posting (yes you’ll get them). Take them as community feedbacks and don’t take them too personally
    4. If you are giving out freebies, make sure your web host is up to it. We’ve known for crashing servers :)

Feel free to post questions here and I’ll try my best to answer them.

Cjay
    • Total posts: 183
    Up

Quite fond of Ozbargain! Particularly when I’m looking for a good deal on electronics or games, I’ll do a check on OB first.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.