Home – New Forums Tech talk Pages no indexed by Search engines Why?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ScopeDrafting
    Participant
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

Getting some SEO stuff set up and trying to do it as a low cost option so have a friend doing it at the moment. They have come up with a problem that none of my pages are indexed by any of the major search engines and she cannot figure out why.

The website is http://www.sustainabilitywa.com.au

it says that “Indexed Pages: N/A” and this is for Google, Yahoo and Msn.

Any guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Nathan

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Clarification:

User-agent: *
    Disallow:

is fine, it blocks nothing

Disallow: /

is not fine, it blocks everything

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Nathan,

I checked Google only using the site: operator and see several pages indexed, not sure how you are seeing what you are seeing?

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

http://www.google.com.au/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=site:sustainabilitywa.com.au&pbx=1&oq=site:sustainabilitywa.com.au&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=3936l5016l0l6280l4l4l0l0l0l1l331l1201l2-2.2l4l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a1f9c3a80597c90c&biw=1659&bih=830

google had indexed it

I guess your not ranking well which would be seo

Keywords seem to be a little muddled- to many and not relevant, some are but others like 6 star rating has no real relevance by itself.

you also want those keywords to match most of the content on the page, and most of them are not relevant- from my understanding google does not like lots of keywords that have no reference or relevance to the web page that they are on

title tag is a little too long as well

your site map.xml does not look like XML that I have seen before
    http://www.sustainabilitywa.com.au/sitemap.xml

it looks like a standard HTML

here is mine
    http://www.welzmanvip.com.au/sitemap.xml

not sure if that would have any effect

but you are appearing in google, just not high enough I guess

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Your problem seems to have disappeared. Google has now indexed 47 pages from this site since 16 Sep. This number could drop for a few weeks but then increase back to normal.

You will not instantly rocket to the top of any search results for a new domain. You must get your “knees brown”. My very, very, very rough rule of thumb, SE referrals should double every 6 months for the first 2 years of a new website.

Regs,
    JohnW

ScopeDrafting
    Participant
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

It seems my pages are getting indexed now it was just a matter of time.

Thanks to everyone who has responded here, especialy since you have taken the time to go and have a look and see what the problem may have been.

This is what makes Flying Solo such a great resource for small businesses.

Thanks Again

Liza Tailor
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

The search engines should be easy enough to stop, just put a file called “robots.txt” in the root directory with this in it:

Disallow: /

DigitalDomination
    • Total posts: 184
    Up
    JohnW, post: 92405 wrote:
    You will not instantly rocket to the top of any search results for a new domain. You must get your “knees brown”. My very, very, very rough rule of thumb, SE referrals should double every 6 months for the first 2 years of a new website.

Regs,
    JohnW

John, can you explain your rule of thumb a bit more, I’m pretty good with maths but that doesn’t make much sense to me?

JohnW
    Up
    DigitalDomination, post: 100218 wrote:
    John, can you explain your rule of thumb a bit more, I’m pretty good with maths but that doesn’t make much sense to me?
    I should revise my “rule of thumb”. The traffic escalation is not as dramatic as it used to be, or more to the point Google has changed its indexing methodology.

There was a time when G “sat on” a new domain for a time – some called it the “sandbox”.

G still seems to be restraining it indexing of new domains. I often see it index a bunch of a site’s pages but then drop some of the pages from its cache for a period of time.

I speculate it is some form of anti-spam function.

I find the prolonged traffic growth is more dramatic with larger sites than smaller ones as G seems to take its time about indexing all the pages of a new, large site.

Regs,
    JohnW

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

mmm

maybe change to

Cheers
    Corey

JohnW
    Up
    Corey, post: 100228 wrote:

maybe change to

Cheers
    Corey
    This code () is telling the robots to NOT use the Yahoo and DMOZ directory descriptions when displaying snippets in search results.

It is does not have any impact on whether the site is indexed.

JohnW

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.