Home Forums Tech talk Paid membership sites

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Richard A
    • Total posts: 92

Hey Techies,

Any of you web gurus across paid membership sites?

How expensive are they to set up, in particular the e-com side of it? Are the registration functions
    “plug-ins” or do they need to be written from scratch?

Thanks

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966

There’s plenty of solutions out there, it all depends on what exactly you’re trying to do.

danrippon
    • Total posts: 13
    Richard A, post: 25132 wrote:
    Hey Techies,

How expensive are they to set up, in particular the e-com side of it? Are the registration functions

Thanks

Hello Richard,
    Look up a gentleman called Yaro Starak. He’s a bit of a membership site guru, and his site should provide you some good resources. Lives in Brisbane too!

As for putting it together – amember, available in different versions according to your site’s platform, could be what you’re looking for.

Cheers
    Dan

onlineiq
    • Total posts: 93

Hi Richard,

The platform I use to build my sites with has a membership system built in – it just needs to be configured to your specifications.

You need to set up the overall site first, then define the member areas (called secure zones), and then configure the recurring billing.

It is difficult to quote for this without understanding your specific requirements, but once it is all set up this would cost $47 per month. This includes a comprehensive built in Customer Relationship Management System and up to 10,000 email sends per month.

If you are interested take a look at how this would actually be set up here

Sue G
    • Total posts: 12

Hi Dan,

I happen to know that Yaro Starak based his membership site on the great model set up by internet entrepreneurs Andrew and Daryl Grant of the Gold Coast.

I know this because my membership site http://www.FreePublicityForProfit.com is also based on their model.

The Grant’s own membership site which earns them a very hefty passive income is http://www.AndrewandDaryl.com

Cheers

Sue G

jemmachris
    • Total posts: 6

Hi,

Another great tool is Nanacast.com

It is a little more expensive than amember but it has much more flexibility and features.

If you sign up as an affiliate you can get a free 7-day trial to have a look around the tool if you’re interested.

Good Luck!

FNConsulting
    • Total posts: 1
    Richard A, post: 25132 wrote:
    Hey Techies,

Thanks

Hi Richard,

I know it’s been a year since you posted this thread but I thought that replying still may help other people if not you.

Have you heard of Wishlist Member?

It’s a WordPress Plugin with loads of flexibility and there are plenty of training videos to help you create your own membership site.

They have a 10 min video which describes the 10 different membership models, which really makes you think about which one to use and they have training videos on how to set each of them one up.

It’s a once off purchase to buy either a single domain license or a multi-domain license, so you don’t have any ongoing costs.

I build all my websites using WordPress as it’s the best CMS (Content Management System) available online in my opinion. There are so many plugins you can add to enhance your website and Wishlist Member is one for adding a membership site.

Combine with the free BuddyPress Plugin, which allows you to build a community of like minded people and it’s easy to install.

This is the most cost effective way to create your own membership site and it’s becoming one of the most well known ways too.

Have a great day!

Kind regards

Felicia Newbury

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918

Wishlist is good…

amember is more robust… for more serious sites.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464

Hi Felicia,

Thanks for joining Flying Solo :)

Just to be clear, do you have any affiliation to Wishlist?

As a newbie to our site, we’d love to get to know you better. A good way to start is to post in the introductions thread and also let us know a little about yourself and your business by filling in your profile in ‘Control panel‘.

We’d also love it if you could take the time to read through our guidelines, which you’ll find here: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/guidelines-please-read-before-posting/589-welcome-flying-solo-forums-please-play-nicely.html

Welcome to the gang!
    Jayne

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314

WordPress can do this ‘out of the box’ for free with a free plugin “Page Restrict”
    It allows you to define which pages are viewable by members only.

Probably not ideal if you wanted instantaneous membership granted upon signup & payment, but this is working perfectly for a client who manually approve users, creates their membership & sends them their login details, that in effect unlock access to all the juicy member pages.

LukeMoulton
    • Total posts: 35

I’ve used Wishlist member and WordPress to setup a membership site on http://sbbmacademy.com.

It plays well with PayPal for subscription style membership sites and integrates with most popular email marketing platforms such as Aweber.

If you’re a non-Wordpress person, you might need some help setting it up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.