Home – New Forums New here? Share your story paperless records?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Darrin Ottaway
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Greetings,

My name is Darrin, and whilst I still have a job (mostly contract hire), I am attempting to fly solo.

How you ask? Well I am trying to apply my skills and experience in records management and information flows to small business, especially those with no dedicated office staff.

I believe that paperless recordkeeping is not only possible, but the best way to be organised. For a home office, all you need is a computer and a scanner and I can assist you to stop storing the amazon rainforrest in your filing cabinet.

Check out my website at http://www.iamsolutions.net.au, and feel free to contact me.

Darrin Ottaway

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Darrin,
    Thanks for joining and all the best with your mission to ‘fly solo’.
    I hope we can all be of help.
    Cheers!

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Darrin and welcome! Man, I could probably do with your services as filing is my arch-nemesis, but the problem is, I’m too busy to know where to begin.

Ah well … someday.

By the way, I could sue you for sneaking in to take a photo of my office! ;-)

geoffreybowman
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Welcome Darrin.

Geoffrey.

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Welcome Darrin

Hmmm, paperless record keeping,,,, a nice idea but, it’s something that people have been striving for ever since the computer appeared. Trouble is that computers and printers and copiers etc. have only made things worse.

Well, it may still be possible if we design it well enough. But how do you manage say the M5 motorway toll rebate system in Sydney where they email you the statement which you have to printout, sign and post to the RTA? Or say all the statements and invoices etc that are emailed and you then have to print out for your accountant?

OK so I have no doubt you all have solutions to those sort of problems, but I’ll be danged if I will spend the time trying to learn MYOB, just because it may be the only way to be totally paperless!!!!

I have a semi paperless system. It suits me to use the computer when I need figures added up and my speelling checked. But I do like to see the result on one or more pieces of paper. Call it old hat if you wish, but my brain thinks in pictures, not 1s and 0s.

jemcru
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    geoffreybowman, post: 4987 wrote:
    Welcome Darrin.

Geoffrey.

I am very interested to discuss this with you…but busy for now…maybe in the future, will visit your website…thanks

jemcru
    http://ohmi.com.au/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.