Home – New Forums Other discussions Partner Messages? what the?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    objectman
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    ::

I don’t think so guys.

Sorry. I get enough spam, thanks, FS.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Sorry – I didn’t like receiving either. :(

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

I thought FS was against spam!

Tsk tsk guys.

– Jake

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Objectman, Karen and Jake,

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. We understand your view on this.

We did think long and hard about this send. In our 10 years of email newsletters we’ve not before sent a full email on behalf of an advertiser.

This partner has been a long-time supporter of Flying Solo and small business. Like all publishers we rely on this support to enable us to continue to deliver content and services to our community.

We do have one more email offer we will be sending in August, but other than that it’s not an indication of an ongoing strategy.

Realistically, advertising will be part of the online landscape for the forseeable future, however we take very seriously the need to strike a balance and keep it as relevant as possible.

We’ll make sure you are not on the list for that next unique send. If anyone else would like to be removed please contact us.

Cheers,
    Peter

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

It’s alright Peter.

We understand the need for advertisers to keep this site afloat – Without them, there would be no FS!!

I’m sure you will do your best to keep them to a minimum.

Keep up the good work =)

– Jake

objectman
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 40437 wrote:
    Hi Objectman, Karen and Jake,

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. We understand your view on this.

We did think long and hard about this send. In our 10 years of email newsletters we’ve not before sent a full email on behalf of an advertiser.

This partner has been a long-time supporter of Flying Solo and small business. Like all publishers we rely on this support to enable us to continue to deliver content and services to our community.

We do have one more email offer we will be sending in August, but other than that it’s not an indication of an ongoing strategy.

Realistically, advertising will be part of the online landscape for the forseeable future, however we take very seriously the need to strike a balance and keep it as relevant as possible.

We’ll make sure you are not on the list for that next unique send. If anyone else would like to be removed please contact us.

Cheers,
    Peter

I really think you need to provide an opt-in for this (on sign-up). I always choose NOT to receive 3rd party marketing, but can’t remember that option on sign-up here. I understand that you are receiving money based on your subscription base, but I’d check the Australian Opt-in/out Laws if I were you before sending that August ad – if nothing else it will seriously affect your reputation. Only 2 or 3 people will tell you. Many more will simply disappear (like when we quote high on a job). Keeping us 3 off the affiliate list isn’t going to fix the long term reputation of your company. But – you got to make money I guess. White hat marketing is a good way to do that.

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

Add me to the “DO NOT SEND” list please.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Ditto – Add me again when it’s small businesses promoting, not multi-million dollar corporates :P

Carbonite Australia
    • Total posts: 118
    Up

I am comfortable with it guys. You have to pay the bills. We all buys things that we need, hopefully it has given some of your readers a special deal that they can take advantage of.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I have no objection to any advertising coming through Flying solo, because I know it has been vetted and is possibly worth looking at. Does not mean I will buy, I will certainly look at it then dump.
    Like the old saying look and appreciate,but you dont have to touch the merchandise.

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

I agree, nothing in life comes free. Scanning an email or hitting the delete button is a small price to pay for access to a great resource like Flying Solo!

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Thanks Bruce.

As an update on this thread, we have decided as a business to avoid these kind of email sends in the future. We do have one more booked in for August (with the same client), but we will ensure it doesn’t go to those of you who have voiced your dislike.

From time to time we will broadcast ‘house’ promo messages – as we have always done (for our live event and such like) – but we’ll not be sending out these ‘unique sends’ any more.

Thanks for your understanding and for the gentle way you have all shared your opinions.

Love YOUR work,

Robert

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.