Home – New Forums Get productive Passive income streams – do they really exist?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    ExecAccess
    • Total posts: 229
    Up
    ::
    HomeBizHub, post: 137707 wrote:
    Spot on Kathie. I wrote a review on my website about an affiliate marketing training course that I’ve found really useful to build passive income. Here’s the link to that article: NPC Affiliate Marketing Course.

Re a direct sales type company like Send Out Cards. I’ve heard good things about the company. Network marketing/direct sales is a great way to go. My wife has been involved in the industry for many years now and has made some good “passive income” as a result. This type of business offers much more than just income (personal growth and a whole new network of great friends to name two).

Hope you find what you’re looking for Wendy.

Hi

Thanks for your response…..I did take the plunge and join SendOutCards thanks to Kathie’s suggestion.

I have already made my initial investment back so anything herein is a bonus!

My experience so far with SendOutCards has been fantastic.

GregNunanAU
    • Total posts: 58
    Up
    Melanie Miller Biz Coach, post: 137770 wrote:
    The initially question – does Passive Income really exist? My thoughts are no! There is nothing that is truly passive, even multi level marketing will require you to invest some amount of time or effort – however small that may be.

When I hear people talk about Passive Income they are generally referring to a business model which allows them to invest so many hours in the start up phase and reap the rewards later down the track. I am yet to see a truly passive income, they all still require some level of input from the owner.

I am quite hooked on Pat Flynn’s blogs from http://www.smartpassiveincome.com – well worth a read and he doesn’t try to sell you anything! He just shares his experience.

Happy Monday,

Melanie

http://www.melaniemiller.net.au

Hi Melanie. I’ve been following Pat for a while now. He’s very good. Though technically, he does try to sell you stuff. He’s just very good at providing HEAPS of value and he’s ULTRA upfront with pointing out affiliate links etc. If he wasn’t trying to sell things he a) wouldn’t receive money for paid reviews (he often highlights these payments in his income reports) or b) put affiliate links through his posts. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy, in fact quite the opposite. But he’s in business. He sells alright ;-)

Re no such thing as true passive income? My wife was recently stepped back from the network marketing company she had build for the past 3 years to pursue other opportunities. She’s done nothing in the business for just gone 4 months because of the obvious ethical issue of recruiting people into one company when you’re looking elsewhere.. Anyway, she has made 4 figures each month while she’s been inactive.

Agree with you that passive income is hard to come by, and the reality is that most people in network marketing do not generate significant passive income, but having experienced it, it is frustrating when people say it’s not achievable. It certainly is.

GregNunanAU
    • Total posts: 58
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 137779 wrote:
    I’d not heard of this guy before Melanie. Thanks for sharing. This is a site worth reading through and I’ll be subscribing to his blog.

Worth checking out Eric Gatti’s blog too. Quite some way off Pat’s level, but Eric is interesting to follow and network with because he’s “in the trenches” learning his way through the making money online game now: http://www.my4hrworkweek.com/

coffeefi
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 137724 wrote:
    Agreed. I learnt a great deal in my time with a previous network marketing business and, in fact, it was what launched me into what I am doing today as a Virtual Assistant. The books and the training sessions developed in me a mindset and desire to branch out on my own. I’ve learnt so much. And it also means when I see something that has potential I recognise it straight away, such as Send Out Cards. It is the perfect partner business to what I do already.

Hi. I have just joined a new network marketing group launching in Australia next month and am looking for some tips on how to find other like minded people who want to create a passive income and be financially free! Any tips to offer? This company overtook Amway’s turnover in its first two years of operation in the US so I am expecting big things to happen in Australia.
    Thanks!

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    coffeefi, post: 147396 wrote:
    Hi. I have just joined a new network marketing group launching in Australia next month and am looking for some tips on how to find other like minded people who want to create a passive income and be financially free! Any tips to offer? This company overtook Amway’s turnover in its first two years of operation in the US so I am expecting big things to happen in Australia.
    Thanks!

Hi Coffeefi, and welcome. I see you’re new here.

I can only speak from my own personal experience but I would say that perhaps chatting to friends and family and letting them know, and maybe set up a website to share the information and invite all you know to view it. I can tell you, that as a business owner, I’ve been contacted by lots and lots and lots (did I say lots?) of people to tell me about their new business opportunity. I’ve almost always known I was being prospected and it got rather tiresome. Yes, I understand what business is about, yes I understand what a passive income means, but no, I don’t want yet another opportunity. I do believe that if you’re trying to chase too many things you can’t really focus on any of them properly. And I actually enjoy what I do.

How does that equate with me having signed up to SOC? I got prospected about 4 or more years ago and told the person ‘no’, just as I had all the other times I’d been contacted about other opportunities. I got contacted two more times by people and then actually saw the cards on display at a Flying Solo conference in Sydney. Then some months later I began to get serious about nature photography and was looking for a way of being able to print cards, one at a time, without exorbitant pricing. Then I remembered SOC and did some research on it here in Australia and contacted someone about it. Ended up signing up with them and have been happy to earn some extra income through it too.

Perhaps that will encourage you to know that people don’t always sign up when they first learn about something.

Good luck!

angela123
    • Total posts: 310
    Up

off to check off Send Out Cards for myself, sounds very interesting

kathiemt
    Up
    angela123, post: 147445 wrote:
    off to check off Send Out Cards for myself, sounds very interesting

Yes, it is Angela. You’ll need a sponsor to join it, if you decide that’s what you’d like to do. And by that, I mean an existing member. Happy to assist if you need help.

angela123
    • Total posts: 310
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 147450 wrote:
    Yes, it is Angela. You’ll need a sponsor to join it, if you decide that’s what you’d like to do. And by that, I mean an existing member. Happy to assist if you need help.

I am interested more for the PR side of it with being able to send cards, vouchers etc to my customers, is it as cost effective just being a customer, or do you get a better rate if you sign on as a distributor?

kathiemt
    Up
    angela123, post: 147469 wrote:
    I am interested more for the PR side of it with being able to send cards, vouchers etc to my customers, is it as cost effective just being a customer, or do you get a better rate if you sign on as a distributor?

The rate is very good for customers, even better for distributors. I’ll PM you.

ReferTo
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

We have a few users who make some good pocket money by referring work to others. I guess it’s not completely passive as it takes a minute to connect a lead. It’s early days so yet to see huge $ however yesterday one user made $110 through two referrals. Not too bad for just connecting a customer to a business in his spare time! I have sent a number of leads through our referral app and recipients seem more than happy. The leads I have sent have been free to date however. If you find yourself referring customers to business already then u may be interested in it as it could earn you at least some pocket money. Free to download and sell leads with. http://refer.to

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.