Home – New Forums Starting your journey Patent on a home craft item?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    barrells
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi guys, first post, hoping someone can advise whether I should continue with a small business idea. I’ve seen a crafting project online, there are examples of it on websites such as etsy and pinterest, there is also a dedicated website in America that sells the same type of item and has been in existence for atleast 10 years. The item can be made out any type of material really, everything would be available at a Spotlight store. I have made a similar item for myself already. I’d like to make them regularly, maybe get some family members involved, and sell & market online.
    Problem: There is currently an Australian home business making the same sort of thing, maybe for a couple of years, through facebook and a basic online store. They have however an “innovation patent” which has made me question if it’s worth going ahead. We are not talking about a huge profit margin or volume here so forking out money for legal advice is probably not worth it. If some one knows a bit more about this sort of thing, would love to discuss further and can provide the item in question in private.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    ::
    barrells, post: 241950, member: 88386 wrote:
    Hi guys, first post, hoping someone can advise whether I should continue with a small business idea. I’ve seen a crafting project online, there are examples of it on websites such as etsy and pinterest, there is also a dedicated website in America that sells the same type of item and has been in existence for atleast 10 years. The item can be made out any type of material really, everything would be available at a Spotlight store. I have made a similar item for myself already. I’d like to make them regularly, maybe get some family members involved, and sell & market online.
    Problem: There is currently an Australian home business making the same sort of thing, maybe for a couple of years, through facebook and a basic online store. They have however an “innovation patent” which has made me question if it’s worth going ahead. We are not talking about a huge profit margin or volume here so forking out money for legal advice is probably not worth it. If some one knows a bit more about this sort of thing, would love to discuss further and can provide the item in question in private.
    Hi and welcome to the Flying Solo Forums.

Thanks for posting here.

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.