Home – New Forums Selling online Payment gateway options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I’m just in the process of re-doing my website, and as part of that I want customers to be able to pay with their credit cards (at the moment they can only use pay pal). I’m looking at payment gateways that will collect the money and then transfer it to my business account.

I’m really interested to know what payment gateways people are using and what the pro’s and con’s are…..

Decisions, decisions, decisions…….

Many thanks, Suzanne

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up
    Suzanne , post: 161467 wrote:
    Hi All,

I’m just in the process of re-doing my website, and as part of that I want customers to be able to pay with their credit cards (at the moment they can only use pay pal). I’m looking at payment gateways that will collect the money and then transfer it to my business account.

I’m really interested to know what payment gateways people are using and what the pro’s and con’s are…..

Many thanks, Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

To help people offer you advice it would be beneficial to provide information such as the CMS/Shopping Cart you’re using to build the website and probably what you’re selling as well. Knowing which cards you’d like to accept and who you bank with will also help as not all gateways can accept American Express/Diners or connect to all banks IMFs (Internet Merchant Facility)

Maclean

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Suzanne , post: 161467 wrote:
    Hi All,

Many thanks, Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

I have done workshops at Online Retailer for the last couple of years and covered payments, and following is a link to the slides from 2012. It covers the basic issues and lists some Australian gateways. Hope it helps.

You can download the workshop PDF slides here.

John

Suzanne
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    eWAY, post: 161478 wrote:
    Hi Suzanne,

To help people offer you advice it would be beneficial to provide information such as the CMS/Shopping Cart you’re using to build the website and probably what you’re selling as well. Knowing which cards you’d like to accept and who you bank with will also help as not all gateways can accept American Express/Diners or connect to all banks IMFs (Internet Merchant Facility)

Maclean

Thanks, I think we are going to build a word press site and use woo commerce as the shopping cart. I am selling certified organic aromatherapy products and accessories. My business is very small but I am slowly hoping for it to grow. At the moment I am only selling about 15 products but that will gradually increase.
    Hope this info helps.

thanks, Suzanne

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Suzanne , post: 161529 wrote:
    Thanks, I think we are going to build a word press site and use woo commerce as the shopping cart. I am selling certified organic aromatherapy products and accessories. My business is very small but I am slowly hoping for it to grow. At the moment I am only selling about 15 products but that will gradually increase.
    Hope this info helps thanks, SuzanneIf you are using Woo (nice choice!) you have a large range of gateways that plugin in.

Eway is one – you will need a bank gateway to use them but the service is fantastic.

You could use a bank gateway – Woo has plugins for the big 4.

47231#deleted
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi Suzanne,

We use eWay as our payment gateway, and they’ve been excellent. Very helpful during the setup stage too.

Aaron

http://www.printingwholesale.com.au

Tiggerito
    • Total posts: 362
    Up

I also tend to recommend eWay.

Directly using a banks gateway can be hard to set-up, expensive and hard to change later.

eWay is supported by a lot of CMSes, lets you connect to a good set of Australian banks and they help you through the set-up process.

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

I will also jump on the band wagon and recommend eWay.

I use it for another business which is an online store and they were very helpful when setting up.

Cheers

Cat :)

Jason@Plumsale
    • Total posts: 155
    Up

Braintree are now in Australia and are a very simple option to integrate to.
    http://www.woothemes.com/products/braintree/

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Great thread,

Although i have spoken to eWay and found the unbelievably great in their customer service, i have to say that the opinion that implementing a payment gateway from one of the big 4 is expensive is potentially incorrect.

As Matthew eluded to earlier in the post, if you run a simply platform like WooCommerce there are cost effective plugins for each of the 4 pillars that cost only $49 for a single site license. Not that expensive i think?

Just depends on whether woo or another ecomm platform one decides on.. and as for simplicity, oh boy.. even i could get the ecommerce plug in to work..just entering a couple of merchant provided digits did the trick :D

Cheerio

Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Jason@Plumsale, post: 161578 wrote:
    Braintree are now in Australia and are a very simple option to integrate to.
    http://www.woothemes.com/products/braintree/

Hi Jason,

Looks interesting.. curious though, are you using it? it says only available in the US and also requires an SSL certificate… Also curious about the fees, it says start from 2.9% plus 30cents.. what do you pay on average? is it tiered?

Thanks, as i am always looking for options..

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Cat – GLC, post: 161567 wrote:
    I will also jump on the band wagon and recommend eWay.

I use it for another business which is an online store and they were very helpful when setting up.

Cheers

Cat :)

Oh boy,, oh boy… what else does our excel guru dabble in.. i am curious,, green with envy.. do share, start another thread.. i’ll subscribe :p

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Jason@Plumsale
    • Total posts: 155
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 161591 wrote:
    Hi Jason,

Looks interesting.. curious though, are you using it? it says only available in the US and also requires an SSL certificate… Also curious about the fees, it says start from 2.9% plus 30cents.. what do you pay on average? is it tiered?

Thanks, as i am always looking for options..

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Sorry the link I sent through was for woo integration and their link was direct to braintree application for US.

If you go here you will see Aus features and pricing. If it is not showing Aussie, then look at the bottom right of the page and change the country.
    https://www.braintreepayments.com/

We are not using them, as at the time we were looking they were not in Aus. But we are about to sign up and integrate with them for a trial run and see how it compares. We are also looking at expanding, so the main reason is the accepting multi-currency.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Thanks Jason,

Will have to pop on and have a look,, multi currency sounds sweet.. not for my current biz, but it was a partial roadblock in previous lives..

Cheers
    Jason ;)

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 161586 wrote:
    Great thread,

Although i have spoken to eWay and found the unbelievably great in their customer service, i have to say that the opinion that implementing a payment gateway from one of the big 4 is expensive is potentially incorrect.

As Matthew eluded to earlier in the post, if you run a simply platform like WooCommerce there are cost effective plugins for each of the 4 pillars that cost only $49 for a single site license. Not that expensive i think?

Just depends on whether woo or another ecomm platform one decides on.. and as for simplicity, oh boy.. even i could get the ecommerce plug in to work..just entering a couple of merchant provided digits did the trick :D

Cheerio

Jason ;)

Hi Jason,

You’re right, WooThemes have been incredibly pro-active recently and have released quite a few of their own modules for the Australian banks own payment gateways. I just recently finished working with their main developer to get our latest API integrated as well as brand new versions for our hosted payment pages.

If a project you’re working on has the budget for an SSL I’d really recommend going with the new module as it includes our basic fraud prevention out of the box for free, it’s also compatible with our enterprise fraud prevention upgrade.

SimplyReplica, post: 161614 wrote:
    Thanks Jason,

Will have to pop on and have a look,, multi currency sounds sweet.. not for my current biz, but it was a partial roadblock in previous lives..

Cheers
    Jason ;)

I’m not sure how they’re offering their multi-currency payments in Australia. National Australia Bank are the only bank that can charge in currencies other than AUD (although of course all banks will charge AUD from any card globally) so I think they would either have some master merchant agreement with NAB or it would be a different service requiring a multi-currency facility at NAB which is then connected to your BrainTree account.

For what it’s worth the latter is how we do it as well, and we offer discounts on multi-currency plans.

It’s also worthwhile chatting to WooThemes about how their modules will handle the multicurrency just to make sure. To be honest, I’m not sure that the module for us supports charging in more than one base currency so that’s something I’ll check with them tonight!

Maclean

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.