Home – New Forums Other discussions Paypal – Invoice generating?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I have tested my online shop to see if it all flows smoothly…

It does, except I was pretty sure that Paypal will generate an invoice for me automatically. What I mean is whilst setting up my Paypal business account, I create an invoice template with my logo etc. So I assumed that I will get this invoice somehow so that I’m able to print it out, stamp it with “PAID” and include it in the order to send to customers.

Now, in the testing process, I only got a Paypal payment confirmation.

It allows me to print a packing slip. How do I make it do be an invoice without having to enter all the details?

Thank you in advance!!!

Kind regards,
    Mel

Corset Kylie
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

For my shop, paypal generates an email creates an invoice with my logo, and emails direct to the customer, as Paypal is providing a service to your customers by providing the payment gateway, they need to ensure the service is completed by providing the invoice direct to the customer.

It may be possible to have them send you that invoice as well, but I am not positive.

But I wouldnt use paypal for my invoice generation anyway. I need accounting software for other aspects, and this software needs to know about each sale anyway, so I might as well use the invoices generated from said software.

K

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

Hi Corsetcorner,

I’m just surprised that I (as customer) didn’t receive an invoice generated by Paypal when I tested it.
    It was just a payment confirmation.

Would you mind to advise me how you’ve got that set up?

Spoke to my webdesigner and she said that Paypal doesn’t generate an invoice… Anyway, I’m sure it can and your set up does it so there has to be a way.

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Mel

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Why not set up with a secure certificate, so that the paypal payment is processed on your server (rather than going to paypal and then back), and then your ecommerce engine/CMS should send a receipt direct to your customer.

If your ecommerce CMS doesn’t enable that you should be using another CMS.

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

I’m pretty sure my CMS supports it but I do like to use the paypal site for various reasons.

I just can’t work out the setup. I’ve spend ours trying to automatically generate an invoice but every Paypal “guide” I looked at says to save an invoice template and when I need to create an invoice just to complete the details and there’s my invoice.

I thought it would be automatic, just like it puts the item description into the paypal payment confirmation.

Oh, and one other thing I don’t know how to set up is Item Numbers. It says Item Number #0 for the item I purchased from my site as a test.
    There has to be a way to set this up too.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Mel

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

I’m not saying don’t use paypal, the difference is that you don’t need to send the user away from your site to paypal and then back, you can keep it on your site like any major ecommerce site. Far more professional, and then should avoid this issue you’re having.

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

Hi all,

I thought I’ll better let you know what I’ve decided regarding this invoice issue.

In the accounting software I’m using, I need to create a Sale for every sale I make. Since I need to do this, I create the sale and can print this then as PDF invoice which I then send to my customer, confirming that I have received payment and the invoice is for reference only. I also use this opportunity to notify the customer that their order will be send out shortly.
    And I only do this entire process when I’m ready to send it out.

Regards,
    Mel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.