Home – New Forums Tech talk PDF Writers -which one?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    TSH-SR
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    Thank you all for your input, ideas and experiences, I will try a couple of those mentioned over the next few weeks and choose from there.
    This forum has been a terrific help to sort through the idea without having to make a decision based purely on the sales blurbs from the companies.

Regards Tony

TSH-SR
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    Follow up on my search for a reasonable (quality and price) PDF writer to send out quotes for my trade/home improvement business.

Most of the free PDF writers I tried did a reasonable job, no real problems except when I started adding in my multiple graphics and quite detailed photos that need to be clearly viewed by the client.
    A lot of my clients are regional/rural and have various types of “Broadband” service (that is another issue), getting photos that are viewable and at a reasonable file size for variable internet services is difficult work and some of the writers struggled a bit with the balance.

To be fair to all, I am probably expecting a little too much from all of the programs I looked at. (Top shelf taste – bottom shelf budget)

I have elected to run with pdffactory ($75.00) which has been consistent at doing what I wanted without to much compromise from me.
    The other bonus was that I could secure the file from most attempts to modify it.
    http://www.avalanche.com.au/
    The Australian agents were also great on the phone when I needed to clarify a couple of issues. Customer service received a big tick.

I would suggest that in making your decision you look at running quite a few of your documents through the pdf writers you shortlist, teach yourself how to make adjustments and tweak each programs settings to see which will give you the best result.

Thanks to all the other soloists for their thoughts and suggestions, it certainly helped with creating the shortlist.

Regards Tony

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.