Home – New Forums Other discussions Personal Tax – where Australia or Holland?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bal1974
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I might have to startup a subsidiary company for a Dutch company in Sydney, and I do have some questions, which I hope you might can help me with:

About my personal tax:

The company is Dutch and I get my salary from them in Holland (I am Danish, and have a sponsored visa to Australia:

• Do I pay tax in Australia?
    • or in Holland?

Have a great weekend.

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

Hello

In order to answer this questions a number of questions would need to be answered.

1. What type of Visa do you have
    2. Who is the sponsor
    3. How is the Dutch company operating in Australia, is it registered as a Foreign Company?
    4. How long have you been in Australia
    5. What are your intentions regarding Australia
    6. Do you still have a place of residence in Holland?

You many wish to visit http://www.ato.gov.au and undertake the am I a resident test

If you do require assistance with setting up an Australian Branch we would be happy to present you with a proposal, we looked after Martinair Holland until they ceased their Australian Operations, so we are familiar with Dutch practices.

Kind regards
    Anna

bal1974
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    akagrp, post: 23149 wrote:
    Hello

In order to answer this questions a number of questions would need to be answered.

1. What type of Visa do you have
    2. Who is the sponsor
    3. How is the Dutch company operating in Australia, is it registered as a Foreign Company?
    4. How long have you been in Australia
    5. What are your intentions regarding Australia
    6. Do you still have a place of residence in Holland?

You many wish to visit http://www.ato.gov.au and undertake the am I a resident test

If you do require assistance with setting up an Australian Branch we would be happy to present you with a proposal, we looked after Martinair Holland until they ceased their Australian Operations, so we are familiar with Dutch practices.

Kind regards
    Anna

Hi Anna,

Answer to your questions:

1. What type of Visa do you have In the beginning a sponsored visa
    2. Who is the sponsor The company in Holland
    3. How is the Dutch company operating in Australia, is it registered as a Foreign Company? Our company is not in Aus yet – I will be hired to start up a subsidiary company (Pty Ltd)
    4. How long have you been in Australia I will first entering Australia, when we are starting the business
    5. What are your intentions regarding AustraliaAfter a year I will seek for a permanent visa
    6. Do you still have a place of residence in Holland? No, actuly in Denmark – I’m Danish

Great weekend to you.
    Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.