Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Perth area meetup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Professor
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    ::

Hope you don’t mind an old guy turning up, but I am interested to see what evolves.
    Regards
    John
    Small Enterprise Agency

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello All,

I’m in!
    So is it …
    The 26th Jan at 12:30pm at Cranked Coffee Leederville?

Breevree73
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 147241 wrote:
    Hello All,

I’m in!
    So is it …

No, 11:00am – winding up at 12:30, unless anyone wants to stay on for lunch.

Solly
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi, just joined solos, would like to come along to give and take ideas etc. I live in rocking ham. And only have Sunday’s free.. Any suggestions..

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

So is it …

No, 11:00am – winding up at 12:30, unless anyone wants to stay on for lunch.

Sure you don’t mean the 23rd?

26th is Australia Day and a Saturday…

Wendy :)

Marra
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    Couple It, post: 147323 wrote:
    Sure you don’t mean the 23rd?

26th is Australia Day and a Saturday…

Wendy :)

Yep, Wendy has it right. I am not planning to meet you all on Australia Day. I had a different crowd in mind. :-)

The details are 11am at Cranked Coffee, Leederville next Wednesday, 23rd. So, Gizmo, can you make Wednesday?

I have started a group on the Meetups site for this meetup, and have attracted a few RSVP’s who may not be on FS. Feel free to have a look or join:
    http://www.meetup.com/Perth-Solo-and-Small-Business-Owners-Hangout/

Proud Petite
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi

I’m a newbie, and I’d love to meet up, just can’t do the 23rd.

In general, I work full time in the city, but trying to get my little business venture off the ground. I’ve only just joined Flying Solo, and am hoping to catch up with it properly this weekend.

For future meetings, as I say, I work in the city, so anywhere in the CBD would be good for me, and I can always pop out for half an hour, but I understand if that’s not what the majority wants.

Cheers

Sue

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    Proud Petite, post: 147707 wrote:
    …trying to get my little business venture off the ground. I’ve only just joined Flying Solo, and am hoping to catch up with it properly this weekend.

Hey Sue,
    Just on a side note, welcome to the forums :) and congrats on starting the journey.
    If or when you’re ready to share the details of your business, please feel free to share an intro over in the introductions thread. You can also add a post signature on your forum profile in the control panel if you want to share your website etc.
    Thanks again and all the best!
    Peter

Gizmo
    Up
    Marra, post: 147327 wrote:
    Yep, Wendy has it right. I am not planning to meet you all on Australia Day. I had a different crowd in mind. :-)

The details are 11am at Cranked Coffee, Leederville next Wednesday, 23rd. So, Gizmo, can you make Wednesday?

I have started a group on the Meetups site for this meetup, and have attracted a few RSVP’s who may not be on FS. Feel free to have a look or join:
    http://www.meetup.com/Perth-Solo-and-Small-Business-Owners-Hangout/

23rd Jan, 11am at Cranked – Locked and loaded in calendar!

How many are we expecting so far?

Marra
    Up

Here’s the update. Little later than planned, but happy news:
    5 RSVP’s here on FS forum so far, and
    19 RSVP’s on Meetups group!

A couple of those are from here as well, so the actual number will be 22 or so. So much for the small intimate group idea. ;-) There may be a few last minute “so sorry but..”s that don’t come, but I’ve made a booking for 25 and will see what happens before Monday morning, when the Meetups site RSVP period ends.

To those who can’t make it this time around, I will be doing more meetings soon. You can keep up with it all at: http://www.meetup.com/Perth-Solo-and-Small-Business-Owners-Hangout

I’ll be sure and send something through on the forums here as well.

Marra
    Up
    Proud Petite, post: 147707 wrote:
    Hi

For future meetings, as I say, I work in the city, so anywhere in the CBD would be good for me, and I can always pop out for half an hour, but I understand if that’s not what the majority wants.

Cheers

Sue

Hi Sue, and welcome! :-) We may try a CBD meet later, as it is central for a lot of us. The question is, is it convenient? Yes for me, on the train.

There was someone earlier in the thread asking about meeting on the weekend, so that might be possible for you too. I’m not willing to do outside business hours unless its breakfast, but I have heard that some soloists do network on weekends.

Marra
    Up
    Solly, post: 147312 wrote:
    Hi, just joined solos, would like to come along to give and take ideas etc. I live in rocking ham. And only have Sunday’s free.. Any suggestions..

Hi Solly,

As I mentioned to Sue in the CBD, I have heard there are a few soloists who meet on weekends. I won’t be organising anything outside business hours unless it is breakfast, but I’ll let you know if I come across anything for a Sunday. I’m pretty sure I saw something for Rockingham or Mandurah on a weekend but didn’t bookmark it. You might like to look at the meetups website to see what you find. Or start another thread here and see who wants to join you! :-)

Marra
    Up
    Professor, post: 147117 wrote:
    Hope you don’t mind an old guy turning up, but I am interested to see what evolves.
    Regards
    John
    Small Enterprise Agency

Hi John,

I have not set any age limits. So if you’re 8 or 80 and involved in solo / micro business, you are most welcome. :-)

Gizmo
    Up

Hi All,

Sorry I cannot make it now.
    I’ve got a client I need to see at that time.

If I finish quickly I would like to come, is that ok?
    If so who should I call that will be potentially staying there for lunch?

Marra
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 148242 wrote:
    Hi All,

Sorry I cannot make it now.
    I’ve got a client I need to see at that time.

If I finish quickly I would like to come, is that ok?
    If so who should I call that will be potentially staying there for lunch?

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know. If you want to give me a buzz when you are done, I plan to stay on for lunch.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.