Home – New Forums Tech talk Phone Answering Service Advise :

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    livelife12
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Currently all business phone calls come to a mobile phone which is also redirected from a 1300 number. (this is charged out at generally $50-$60 per month based on phone calls received.

Looking to expand:

Need a company to take care of all inbound calls we don’t receive. Eg- If the phone rings more than 4 times it goes to a third part who answer the calls.

We dont expect the company to know about our products but we expect them to find out which product they are after then get an email / phone number from the potential customer.

How does it work? Will companies these days answer with your business name and what are the benefits / costs involved in doing this?

Awaiting anyone who has gone down this path and sees it as a worthy business decision. The knowledge you have gain and willing to pass on would be much appreciated!

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I’ve used Vodafone messaging in the past. Your inbound calls basically get sent to a call centre operator and some basic info about your business flashes up on their screen. So they answer with your business name, act as a receptionist and may have knowledge of things such as your opening hours, website, email, address, etc. You then get an email or text with details of the call.

They were quite good (occasionally I got a report from a client of an indifferent or over-the-top operator), and one of the more affordable services – although the price can add up pretty quickly.

livelife12
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Bluepenguin – Thanks heaps…any idea of the prices you were paying?

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I can’t quite remember. They had a few different plans. I was on the basic plan, and I’m thinking it was maybe $30 a month with 30 included calls and then $1 per call… or something like that.

I.T. Guaranteed
    Participant
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

I have only just sorted this out for my business, including getting a 1300 number. Enquire if your 1300 supplier also does this. I went for a phone transfer service whereby calls are answered then transferred to me if i am available else a message is taken and emailed and smsed to me.
    My setup is the 1300 number is answered by the service, but my other numbers , mobile and voip, ring me first then are diverted to the service if i am unavailable. But you can design any setup configuration that suits.

TechSeek
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

Hi livelife12, we currently use Virtual Office Solutions http://www.vos.net.au They take all calls that are diverted from my mobile when I’m at a job and am unable to answer the call. They’ve been trained up on rates, availability and frequently asked questions. They currently book all jobs and call-backs in my calendar but can also SMS or email you regarding calls/leads if required.

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up

I use of Your Phones Covered for 2 of my businesses. Works well, real people who learn enough about your business to answer the basics.

onepointsoftwaresolutions
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi Livelife12, we offer Phone Answering and appointment management as part of our sister brand OnePoint Connect. All of our receptionists are based in our Brisbane office and we try to learn as much about your business as we can so we can help your customers and not just do the “I’m sorry they’re not available” wherever possible. Many of our clients are medical professionals or take appointments and we are able to assist with appointment scheduling. Our site is https://onepointconnect.com.au

No matter who you choose, watch out for setup fees and find out who’s going to be answering your calls. It’s your business after all so you can be picky.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.