Home – New Forums Tech talk Phone Headset Recommendations Needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I am looking for a telephone headset (walkman style), or one of those little ‘over the ear’ pieces as I am sick of sticking the phone on my shoulder with my chin so I can type using BOTH my hands.

The thing is, I would like it to work with my mobile phone, which is almost a fossil and my VoIP line.

Any suggestions are welcome.

* I was looking at the Plantronics CS60 ear thingy but think its a bit steep for the $, but I will pay for good audio quality, anyone used this one or one like it?

Fiona

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Fiona

I’ve not used that precise headset, but I currently use a Plantronics model and it’s v v good.

I notice that there’s one of the ones you mention on ebay and with 3 hours left to run it’s a little over $100 at the mo.

See it here.

A headset makes soooo much difference, I doubt you’ll regret the expense!

Robert

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

I use a Plantronics C50-USB. It is great for Skype and general computer use (including voice recognition)…I paid $330 for mine about 15 months ago…but won’t do your mobile…

To communicate with your mobile you’ll likely need Bluetooth. In my meager experience Bluetooth never works without inordinate amount of fiddling around.

I had a seinhesemer (sp) one which promised to do it all, Bluetooth, phone riser, etc….after a few days of trying to get it to work I resold it….

I usually check http://www.amazon.com to read reviews on those kinds of products and then buy them locally.

Hope that helps…

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

We used the plantronics Bluetooth as well for a while. I found the automatic pickup on the phone and the bluetooth itself to be very clunky to the point of useless, it may of been a different model (nope just checked its the same) to the others but this one all up was about $450 around 3 years ago.

If it was me, I would have a hands free for the mobile if possible using one of the many options out there. Trying to get one thing to do both will probably lead to a nervous breakdown.

For the VOIP, I would get the most expensive Logitech USB headset available (@$70) that is in the style that you prefer and couple it with a softphone like Eyebeam. We have tried it all and nothing beats this setup for hands free talking & typing in front of the computer.

You dont even need to dial numbers anymore as you can integrate it with your outlook address book.

You will never get dropouts or poor reception and we have it setup so that if we are in the office the mobile diverts to the office phone so it avoids the mobile issue completely.

If you have to walk round to different locations while being on the phone then you are stuck with the bluetooth setup unless someone knows of any wifi headsets.

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Thanks Guys.

I will definately look into having seperate options for my mobile vs my VoIP. (At the moment I am distracted by issues getting a DSL connection into my office)

I think the softphone option is a great one, one that is easier to travel with that bits of hardware.

Off to scour the web (inc Ebay) for a bargain.

Many thanks. Fiona

Peter Smith
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I recommend you to go for Plantronics CS540 wireless phone headset as they work for long term. If you are looking to compare to other headset it is cheap in price too.

Fly before you die. Never give up.
    Zemljatposer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Great topic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.