Home – New Forums Tech talk Phone System / Internet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    ::

Talk with OPtus you may be pleasantly surprised with their service

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up

I have heard mixed reports from people running Voip. Make sure that you test out the call quality before committing to a significant spend.

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello,

I’ve also heard mixed reports from people using regular phone systems too that don’t use voip.

At then end of the day, both are a services and both if done wrong will not work well.

I suggest you go with a provider that has a lot of experience in the area and can demonstrate the quality to you for any technology you choose.

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up
    Burgo, post: 204990 wrote:
    Talk with OPtus you may be pleasantly surprised with their service

Except optus wasn’t available in Hallsy’s area, they don’t run service that far down the Peninsula.
    My experiences with optus as a mobile carrier were pretty pathetic as well.
    They’d randomly stop and start sending invoices, their billing was terrible.

Gizmo
    Up
    chaase, post: 208345 wrote:
    I have run a VoIP hosted PBX with MVoice for over 6 years now.

Works brilliantly, saved a truckload. We have six handsets so have a second ADSL service for it.

I have used VoIP for over 11 years.
    Only times I had issues is when I was using it abroad with poor quality internet connections.

Sounds like you have had it set up right.

This thread topic of VoIP quality really boils down to the fact that any service is susceptible to issues not just VoIP. Whats important is that you have an expert in the field set it up, then you will be fine.

With that said, I know a really good VoIP provider who has 11 year experience.
    That would be me :)

TehCamel
    Up
    MikeDav, post: 208085 wrote:
    I have heard mixed reports from people running Voip. Make sure that you test out the call quality before committing to a significant spend.

I’ve heard mixed reports as well. The people who complain of jitter, echo or dropouts are usually the ones who decided rather than accept advice, decided to try and run 3+ lines on a basic, non-guaranteed, non-Quality-of-Service’d link.

Gizmo
    Up

Yep!
    Thats 100% correct!

Gizmo
    Up
    chaase, post: 208519 wrote:
    We run 5 lines on an Exetel basic, non-guaranteed, non-Quality-of-Service’d link and it’s all good. This is a dedicated service for VoIP as we have a second for internet access and have done now for 5 years in the current setup.

Yeah a dedicated ADSL just for VoIP is the way to go.

TehCamel
    Up
    chaase, post: 208519 wrote:
    We run 5 lines on an Exetel basic, non-guaranteed, non-Quality-of-Service’d link and it’s all good. This is a dedicated service for VoIP as we have a second for internet access and have done now for 5 years in the current setup.

Is it Exetel’s hosted VoIP though? I’ve had confirmation from them that they will guarantee/SLA their voip if it’s on their ADSL. Not as highly as the EoC of course.

As Gizmo said and as you yourself said, it’s a dedicated voice circuit. If you tried putting your 5 phone lines AND your normal internet over that circuit, it wouldn’t work so well

Gizmo
    Up

Good choice on phones.
    I highly recommend SNOMs.
    We found them to be very good phones!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.