Home – New Forums Other discussions Pie Face Franchise?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Property Idiot
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Anyone got one or know anybody that has one?

Every pie face I see is empty

everyone I know either is indifferent about them or doesnt like them

with high rents, with small turnoever per product,

the CEO recently got voted best newcomber of the year or similar,

im just wondering if any of these franchises are profiting at all, and does anybody know one that is has closed down?

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Can’t help you with any of your questions but their hot chocolate is just mediocre so having bought there once I won’t be buying again.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Never heard of them so had to go Google to look them up. Never seen adverts for them. Looks like they’re in Vic but only in Melbourne itself and it’s rare that I travel in there. Love staying in the hills.

Why are you asking? I’m curious to know.

oasis1frog
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Pie Face is in Brissy as well.

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

We currently have clients that own some. Depending on the nature of your questions we may able to answer (obviously client info is confidential).

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

They’re all over Sydney.
    Bought a pie there one time. I dont rember the experience to be anything special.

Steve

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

I heard on the radio that they have launched in the US as well – have a shop in NY and are a huge success over there.

But never had a pie from them, so no idea about product.

Property Idiot
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 129492 wrote:
    Never heard of them so had to go Google to look them up. Never seen adverts for them. Looks like they’re in Vic but only in Melbourne itself and it’s rare that I travel in there. Love staying in the hills.

Why are you asking? I’m curious to know.
    Just curious! no ulterior motive,

I regularly help out people (both personally and professionally) work on their restaurant and cafes (ie consult), so Id like to think I know the business and industry quite well, but honestly Ive never dealt with a franchise, nor intend to but I just dont know how some franchises survive! and what surprised me was pie face CEO getting newcomer of the year, or BRW richest or some recognition in a tv program about a year ago, and I was just wondering if its just him doing well???

Property Idiot
    Up
    JamesMillar, post: 129498 wrote:
    We currently have clients that own some. Depending on the nature of your questions we may able to answer (obviously client info is confidential).

yes please, not looking for any confidential information
    I know how most franchises work, the policies you have to follow 8-10% franchise/marketing fee,

are they actually profitable? I just cant see it being profitable with the rents being up to $1500/sqm, they always seem empty (admittedly I dont go past at lunch times) they seem to be open until pretty late, not sure how many people would eat a pie at night

have any of them closed down yet? or are about to?

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

There is one here in the CBD but it never seems to be that busy.

actuarial
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

see this. http://pieface.com.au/franchise/stores-available/

Most of them on Re-sale..

Property Idiot
    Up
    actuarial, post: 130293 wrote:
    see this. http://pieface.com.au/franchise/stores-available/

Most of them on Re-sale..

thats very interesting!!

down in VIC, there are none for resale, probably because the stores are so new!

as for one of them, it says “potential for 24 hour trade”

I hope dumb buyers dont see that as a plus!!!!

also, how do they determine the sale price for one thats being built???? one is $375k and the other is $475k, surely they arent basing that on projected sales?

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up
    Property Idiot, post: 129631 wrote:
    yes please, not looking for any confidential information
    I know how most franchises work, the policies you have to follow 8-10% franchise/marketing fee,

are they actually profitable? I just cant see it being profitable with the rents being up to $1500/sqm, they always seem empty (admittedly I dont go past at lunch times) they seem to be open until pretty late, not sure how many people would eat a pie at night

have any of them closed down yet? or are about to?

You’ll find that their franchise information pack will contain current information pertaining to the performance of the average store. The info we have is specific to the client stores and we can’t divulge that.

I think you can take from their growth that there has been success in getting stores opened across Australia. There are also quite a few for sale based on their website (read into that what you like).

Our clients Melbourne city store is open 24 hours (I think) and you’d be surprised how much trade occurs after dark (especially on weekends). I think it’s pretty strong.

They definitely have some positive attributes (food prep offsite etc) and location is probably the most critical factor. If you get enough traffic and have a decent product (which Pie Face does) then you can sell just about anything.

PS I will also add – be mindful of the merit of entrepreneurial awards and what they actually mean. We’ve worked on recovery / turnaround projects for well credentialed founders (not Pie Face) and often there is a lot of spin involved.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Property Idiot
    Up
    JamesMillar, post: 130297 wrote:
    PS I will also add – be mindful of the merit of entrepreneurial awards and what they actually mean. We’ve worked on recovery / turnaround projects for well credentialed founders (not Pie Face) and often there is a lot of spin involved.

oh yes I agree, whenver I see a CEO of a franchise recieivng some award, newcomber of the year, or best new franchise, that I think is poor or has very poor future potential

I just think, oh I feel sorry for the inexperiened ones that are going to get sucked in and buy a poor business, whilst he is getting the kudos for everyone elses hard work

johnnycashflow
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

just thoguht id bring up an old thread,

seems like most pie faces have closed down, but there seems to be a few in a key locations running,

I still dont see a turnoaround,

I only say this becasue Iread an article about a year ago of a husband and wife who bought two after mortgaging their hosue and were bleeding something liek $5k per week ,

I hope things worked out for them, but as I cant imagine there being a hug eturnaround, I would think they would have cut their losses and moved on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.