Home – New Forums Tech talk Pininterest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Averil Quinn
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

I am wondering if anyone is connected to Pininterest? Does it help your business? People that follow me all seem to be in America, so I am wondering if this is something that I should be bothering with. It is taking up a lot of space in my website and customers need to roll along way down the page to see product description. Would really appreciate your opinion about this one!

The website is averilsnaturalskincare.com.au

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi Averil,

I use Pinterest, although I’m not an expert in it.

I took a look at your site, and I think you can afford to remove the Pinterest-focused image underneath each of your product listings. It is unlikely that people will pin directly from your site. Although, is it possible to have a “Pin” button come up when hovering over the main product image? That way you only need one image to showcase the product, but it includes Pinterest!

Regardless, I definitely think you should still use your own Pinterest account to pin pictures of your products to relevant boards.

I find for my business, I get a decent amount of traffic back to my website via Pinterest. I can see this data in Google Analytics. I would suggest that you look at Google Analytics (integrate this with your website if you haven’t already) and see if you get traffic from Pinterest as well. I think it would be even more effective for your products than for my business :-).

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Angela

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Averil Quinn, post: 197349 wrote:
    I am wondering if anyone is connected to Pininterest? Does it help your business? People that follow me all seem to be in America, so I am wondering if this is something that I should be bothering with. It is taking up a lot of space in my website and customers need to roll along way down the page to see product description. Would really appreciate your opinion about this one!

Hi Averil

Pinterest is yet to be a large revenue generating platform, and although good for SEO, and can be useful to build a small tribe, I’d recommend you don’t get distracted by it.

You’ve got more important things to focus on in your business. OPtimising your website and fixing the leaks on it, building your email list. Keep going on the most important elements of your digital marketing plan first, and don’t let social media distract you.

Jenny

LambrosPhotios
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    Averil Quinn, post: 197349 wrote:

I’d say it isn’t very useful to you. If I were in your position (which clearly I’m not, but I love offering a helping hand!), then I’d go with Instagram and Facebook. Twitter and Pinterest are yet to reach the multitude of users in Australia that they have in USA.

So, I’d upload pictures to Instagram (doesn’t help your SEO, but helps to retain your clients), and send out posts regularly on Facebook.

If you’d like some advice, feel free to give me a call, or shoot me an email from my Flying Solo business page (here).

All the best!

~ Lambros

mypresences
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi Averil … there are a lot of reports that pinterest drives the most revenue per interaction and it is very female dominated so it is a social media channel you should keep.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/11/15/study-finds-pins-on-pinterest-drive-sales-and-have-legs/

It looks like you have removed any pinterest related content on your page but I would recommend having links to your pinterest (and other social media channels) on your homepage and maintain your presence on pinterest and connect more with people and businesses that are here in australia.

Pinterest have just released business analytics so take a look at how your business is faring there .. it might give you some better insights into how your pinterest content is being used.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

I think Tumblr is more user-friendly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.