Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Pixelbay marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Pixelbay
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hey what’s up everyone!

My name is nate, I run a social media marketing agency here in Melbourne. I’ve been obsessed with marketing ever since I can remember.
    For many years I’ve seen a trend among marketing agencies that has had an impact on the way I see the industry. I’ve seen small business owners (like you ) be promised everything under the sun only to be left in the dark, charged $5,000 a month and nothing to show for it. Frankly, this not only isn’t fair, it actually makes me feel uneasy.

I decided enough was enough. I thought to myself; over the years I’ve developed the necessary skills to not only market businesses successfuly but also educate the business owner as we move through the process and even assist in closing the leads we generated.

Before registering my company I decided to go out and test myself and my ability in generating real customers for local businesses and the results were astounding!

In my first case study I was able to generate a 300% ROI for my client. I though ok, not bad. But was it a fluke? So I decided to try it again with another business. That campaign generated over 180 leads in 3 days! Those leads converted at 70% and generated around 30k in new sales!

Since then I’ve Gone on to serving clients under a white label agreement with an established agency and have had many more results like the 2 above. And I couldn’t be prouder :)

It’s time to show people that instead of excuses they should be getting results. They should be able to see a clear ROI for their marketing efforts and hard earned marketing budgets.

So here we are, let me introduce you to Pixelbay. I’m here to connect and help in anyway I can with you so please don’t hesitate to ask me questions and I promise I won’t hesitste to do the same, sound fair?

I can’t wait to meet you all and thank you for such an awesome community

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

From your intro, I am assuming you are prepared to put some skin in the game, and put up an iron glad guarantee, that if you don’t return the promised ROI, you will not charge the client, or will even go as far as providing compensation for lost time and effort on their part.

Pixelbay
    Up

Hey,
    I’ve re read this a couple of times and believe your joking around and this is in tongue and cheek (if not my apologies it’s just an obsurd thing to ask)

The selection process I use for my clients is fairly complex and I won’t just take on anyone as a client. We will only work with clients who are able to demonstrate that they have been successful with their business for at least 2 years. (Among other things)

If I don’t think we can help our client we will send them else where.

The reason I think your question was you having a joke is because if you’ve been in business for any amount of time you understand that YOU are responsible for your own success.(not a marketing agency ) No one will build your business for you however they will help you to build it.

We send high quality leads to the business and ASSIST in helping to close (via training if needed) but we certainly won’t ever promise results and quite frankly if anyone does they are not being truthful.

And I’m not sure what type of marketing you assume this is but I’ve never heard of any type of business handing out compensation to a business owner for the owner not building their own business. Not sure I actually understand your comment with regards to that.

Sorry for the tangent haha I’m very passionate about what I do.

Kind regards, nate

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hey Nate,

Thanks for joining the community and welcome aboard. It’s always great to see a business owner with such passion for what they are doing.

As you’ve seen we have lots of varying opinions and discussions around various topics with marketing (and in particular digital and social media marketing) being one of the popular ones – which is what keeps things the forums interesting and everyone learning!

This discussion around whether marketers can guarantee results/outcomes is one that has come up quite a few times on the forums over the years and always makes for interesting discussions.

I’m a copywriter by trade (so under the marketing umbrella) and in my view I think that guaranteeing ROI is not possible when there is so much of the business process (product, price, competition, service, staff skills, conversion etc etc) is outside of the marketer’s control.

BUT, in my opinion, the reason for Bert’s question, and the cynicism that many people have around marketing/marketers, is because of the false promises that are made by some in the industry. It’s as you’ve pointed out, “I’ve seen small business owners be promised everything under the sun only to be left in the dark”, it’s this sort of thing which makes people skeptical!

Having said that, I think there are bad eggs and every industry, and there are plenty of effective, trustworthy and skilled marketing types around – plenty as part of the Flying Solo community of course ;)

Thanks again for diving in and I look forward to seeing you around the chats!

Cheers, Peter

Pixelbay
    Up

Hey Peter,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome it’s much appreciated!

I do understand the cynicism behind marketing. It’s a shame to be honest because businesses are missing out on a very big opportunity to grow their business that we as a society have never had in the history of business.

A lot of the time, people are so skeptical that they will avoid attracting clients and just stay stuck with the “I only run on referrals” mentality and that is why so many businesses either stay in one place for years or end up closing their doors.

As you can tell, I’m pretty much a person who tells it as it is when it comes to marketing because my mission is to help as many people as i can via my skillset.

I look forward to seeing you around the website!

thanks for reaching out!

Kind regards, Nate

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    Peter – FS Administrator, post: 263476, member: 1 wrote:
    BUT, in my opinion, the reason for Bert’s question, and the cynicism that many people have around marketing/marketers, is because of the false promises that are made by some in the industry. It’s as you’ve pointed out, “I’ve seen small business owners be promised everything under the sun only to be left in the dark”, it’s this sort of thing which makes people skeptical!

[USER=1]@Peter – FS Administrator[/USER] you have hit the nail on the head, when people start touting 300% ROI, 30K additional turnover in 3 days, etc, etc, you start to think, well if they are that good, why cant they offer a guarantee of service. Or is it just a case they have fluked that on 2 clients, but the other 200 were left out of pocket.

The big problem I see with marketers is they come in, do their flim flammery, but it could be months or longer before the business may even see an impact if any at all. By that time the marketer has collected their fee, and moved on. It’s the poor business owner left with a potentially huge bill, if the marketer fails with their pitch. In my and a lot of other service business’s and even retail the client can see the outcome before coughing up the hard earned cash, but with marketing it’s a wing and a prayer and often inflated marketing.

Pixelbay
    Up

Yeah I Understand what you’re saying [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] !
    That being said, there are many types of marketing (radio, TV, Billboards, SEO, PPC,SMM,SEM etc) and as i explain to my clients the vehicle you use is dependant on the outcomes you’re trying to achieve.

It sounds like you’re referring to SEO (search engine optimisation) where, your right, It takes months to see results. Building up a brand takes time, money and perseverance.

In 2018 and coming into 2019 there are much better, cheaper and quicker ways to attract customers.

And just to clear up a misconception

Getting a 300% ROI isn’t actually that impressive. It’s fairly standard to be completely honest. As i said it’s dependent on your objective

Kind regards, Nate

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    Pixelbay, post: 263482, member: 113247 wrote:
    It sounds like you’re referring to SEO (search engine optimisation) where, your right, It takes months to see results. Building up a brand takes time, money and perseverance.

Nope I wasn’t only referring to SEO, my comments were in regards to marketers in general.

Pixelbay
    Up
    bb1, post: 263484, member: 53375 wrote:
    Nope I wasn’t only referring to SEO, my comments were in regards to marketers in general.

Oh ok. Sounds like you’ve had a bad experience in the past?

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    Pixelbay, post: 263485, member: 113247 wrote:
    Oh ok. Sounds like you’ve had a bad experience in the past?

Not sure what gives you that impression. An observation from chats with many of my clients and friends who happen to be small business people. They now run the other direction when people come making wild promises.

Don’t get me wrong it is essential for any business or else we will be at home twiddling our thumbs instead of providing goods and services to our valued clients. But your average small business person with a few years under there belt have become very savvy to over inflated claims.

Pixelbay
    Up

Yeah fair enough, so you’re making your assumptions based on what you’ve been told or read but not experienced first hand?

When you share results with people they naturally want to see proof, so when I’m atttacting new clients I actually walk them step by step through a previous campaign in real-time and show them everything, this clears up any confusion for them.

Have a go at social media marketing and you may surprise yourself. Unfortunately these days referrals will only get you so far (unless of course your not looking to grow your business)

I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year!

Kind regards, Nate

Jeroen Minks
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Interesting discussion.. :-)

Welcome to the forum, Nate!

Pixelbay
    Up

Thanks mate :)

Great to be here!

Trudy Rankin
    Up

It’s good to have you in the forum, Nate. :) I also thought it was an interesting discussion. Is your marketing focus on PPC and running campaigns or in developing data driven growth strategies or both/more?

Pixelbay
    Up

Yeah, I do both. I focus on customer acquisition. I look at the business I’m working with and figure out where they could improve on their marketing and then I use psychology along with PPC campaigns to atttact prospects and I coach the business on closing the prospects and turning the leads I bring them into customers.
    As I said above I don’t work with just any business as they will need certain things in place that (from my experience) only businesses that have been around for a couple of years seem to have in place. Starts with enough assets to run a successful campaign for them. There’s a whole lot that goes into my process but it’s super effective.

Kind regards, Nate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.