Home – New Forums Starting your journey Plagiarism in business plans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    business808080
    • Total posts: 41
    Up
    ::

So ive written a business plan and as its quite a new, complex idea, I went into extensive detail explaining the concept, market and business opportunity. It has been a long, grueling plan, and Im wondering if i need to change (or simply reference) the sections Ive copied (that were perfectly written) that i have used to describe certain aspects of the concept, market and business opportunity? There are about 6-7 pages that I just couldn’t be bothered altering into what will ultimately be less informative and less persuasive than what exists in front of me.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    ::

Without seeing your plan and where you’ve copied parts from it is difficult to provide concrete information. However, if you have copied a ‘substantial part’ of someone else’s work (i.e written work in their plans/promotional materials etc etc) this could amount to copyright infringement.

If you go to http://copyright.org.au/find-an-answer/, down the bottom (under the search box that will come up) there is a link to a fact sheet about whether you need to get someone’s permission to use the ‘copyright’.

Hope this assists.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.