Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Planning a move to consulting in IT related mailing services

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mailAndDataConsultant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am just starting to plan out a career move from being an IT manager to a full time consultant in the Australian mailing industry.

I’ve been in the industry for over 8 years and believe now would be a good time to make the transition. I have a lot of client facing experience as well as good time management skills on top of core IT skills in this field. I have a lot of experience with financial institutions and not for profit organisations.

I am looking to move into the market looking at small business mailing needs. I believe my point of difference will be my ability to write customised software to automate the data processing and document generation. My goal is to make the process of getting my clients data to print / email / sms / online as easy as possible.

I will also be able to act as a consultant for my clients when arranging printers / providers to distribute the final pieces.

My next steps are in planning out my set-up costs, running costs and creating my business plan. From there I’ll begin networking to find potential clients and hopefully start up the business.

My biggest concern is how to organise clients so that I have work ready to go when I leave my current job.

Any advice or pointers to good information regarding any of the above points would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi mailAndData,

Thanks for introducing yourself and for joining the forum.

There’s lots to think about at this point isn’t there? I hope you’ll find plenty of helpful info here and that it helps get your plans to the next stage.

All the best,
    Jayne

Mary Gardam
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi,

It is definitely a big step moving from employment to running your own business.

Good luck with your planning.

Mary

mailAndDataConsultant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for the replies. I look forward to getting involved on this site and seeing what help your members can give.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.