Home – New Forums Tell me straight… please comment on my new logo – media muse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    MediaMuse
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

This is the first proof sheet from my project to get a logo for MediaMuse.

Would love any/all comments bearing in mind I have options to have some changes. I dont think the logo 1 or 3 hit the target, as I wish to portray MediaMuse as experienced, unique, edgy, creatively corporate in nature. In time I hope to turn it from a home business run solely by me into something home-run, with the additional of outsourcing other ‘media muses’ to clients across South-East Queensland and interstate.

My preference is for logo 4 (green and mid-grey) – but changed to a dark red and dark grey combination – with a small (possibly Greek?) ivy leaf image added (to effuse the Greek muse theme behind my business name). What do you all think?

I thought that as everyone in this forum are examples of my target market you may like to say what you think and how you would respond to this in the marketplace?

ps – I have to say a big thankyou to Astrid for helping me re-size logos for attaching to forum~

thanks, Marnie (media muse)

danbeebee
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    MediaMuse, post: 642 wrote:
    Hi all,

This is the first proof sheet from my project to get a logo for MediaMuse.

Would love any/all comments bearing in mind I have options to have some changes. I dont think the logo 1 or 3 hit the target, as I wish to portray MediaMuse as experienced, unique, edgy, creatively corporate in nature. In time I hope to turn it from a home business run solely by me into something home-run, with the additional of outsourcing other ‘media muses’ to clients across South-East Queensland and interstate.

My preference is for logo 4 (green and mid-grey) – but changed to a dark red and dark grey combination – with a small (possibly Greek?) ivy leaf image added (to effuse the Greek muse theme behind my business name). What do you all think?

I thought that as everyone in this forum are examples of my target market you may like to say what you think and how you would respond to this in the marketplace?

ps – I have to say a big thankyou to Astrid for helping me re-size logos for attaching to forum~

thanks, Marnie (media muse)

I personally prefer the second one in. It looks really fresh and inviting. They’re all good though, it has to be said.

Good luck!

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Marnie

It was a pleasure to help – that’s the meaning of networking.

Ok, you asked for comments ;-)

Before you choose a logo, just go through a checklist:

Does the logo communicate what you do? Immediately?

Is the logo working with all media? Online and in print? Easy to read? In black and white and in colour? Does it work on a ball pen and on an aeroplane?

Is it strong enough to become a brand?

Does it show the quality of your work?

Is it unique?

With your favourite – if you add something unique to it – but not too complicated to avoid reproduction problems, it can work.

Maybe your designer can work a bit more on the lettering – e.g. make the “s” in “muse” a bit more legible and adjust the spacing between the letters, move the tagline a bit away from the logo, just a mm or so..

I like the colour combination (big smile to Robert & the flying solo team).

No 1 looks like a stationery provider, no 2 is too common (you’ll find these ink/water splashes all over the net) and no 3 is ok for a writer, although I also think the illustration looks nice onscreen, but you always have to print it in 4 colours to make it look good.

Cheers
    Astrid

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

From the old bloke on the forum I would say 1 and 3 are clean and crisp but my money is on 3. the eye is drawn to it immediately

Well done chiefmuse.

Carole
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

I believe the 4th one matches best with what you are trying to portray.

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

We need a poll……………ADMIN

Red Press
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

I would go for No.4, perhaps with the Ivy leaf under or near the first part. I would try and make the lettering just that little bit more legible – if readers struggle to read it then it will lose customers straight away.

cheers
    P.

ahortin
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

Hi Marnie,

I’m liking No. 4 also. It’s a nice clean design. Not overly cluttered like 1 & 3. Also, I think the “logo” part of no 2, is just a bit too “generic”.

Astrid had some very good points… It’s needs to be reproduceable on all sorts of mediums (ie. web, print, fax) and in both colour and B&W.

I’d maybe try right-aligning the tag line and possibly removing the fullstop. You could also try it with the tag-line above, rather than below (just a thought). A change of colour would be good too, for obvious reasons. I like the font. Something a bit ‘funky’ but still easy to read. Apart from that, I think you’re on a winner!

Cheers,
    Anthony

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up

I too think number four. It best portrays the things you have outlined as being important. Although I like number two, I have seen similar logos about the place and I don’t believe you would stand out amongst the rest.

MediaMuse
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

You guys have been great and after going back to the drawing board on number 4, and with Astrid’s help again both with design suggestions and resizing :)

Here are my next four drafts – we’re getting close. Do you like the red and charcoal?

What do you think of the quill and different positioning?

Marnie

petercrocker
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Nice one! Great to see a discussion produce such immediate results :)
    I think they’re all really strong but I’m leaning towards the first one – nice and simple and balanced.

David Head
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

1 and 2 nope. I don’t like the quill falling over.

So I prefer 3 with the quill first and the dynamic line under.

BrightBiz
    • Total posts: 69
    Up

I prefer 3 and 4…… Just trying to figure out which of the 2 I prefer :) It’s definitely looking good :)

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Ok no.4

Nexus Resources
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

I prefer 1 and 2

There’s why … 1 and 2 are more balanced and you will need to think about how it is going to be applied. Will it be on your invoices, business cards, email signature, web buttons, flyers, with compliments slips? I would suggest you think about how it is going to look with an address and contact details below and those sorts of things.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.