Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Please don’t view this if you’re from Sydney

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mr Q
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    ::

Hey Guys,

This is my first ever forum post, so I’m very excited and can’t wait to get involved with everyone as I’m just starting out a new online website :)

A quite successful friend of mine (more so a mentor) mentioned to me that one of the best ways to get interest in my new business venture (especially if it’s online) is to start participating in online forums. So here I am, ready to soak up all of your advice and knowledge and hopefully contribute some of what I’ve learnt over the years too :)

One other thing if you’re wondering about the heading? My wealthy friend also mentioned to me that if you want to gain a lot of interest in something or want to people to do something, tell them not to do it hahahaha seems a bit funny to me, anyway we’ll see :)

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

Ha very funny – you got me!!!!

Welcome to the forums :)

onlineiq
    • Total posts: 93
    Up

Hi Luke,

Now that you’ve got our attention, tell us about your website :)

cheers
    Ursh

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Amazing how curiosity gets to us!

Best wishes for your venture. Look forward to hearing more about it,

Fletcher Tax Accountants
    http://www.fletchertaxaccountants.com.au

Mr Q
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

You know it’s so funny since my friend told me about this type of ‘tell them don’t and they do’ marketing, I’ve seen it every where!! Don’t read this, don’t click here if you want this etc etc and i makes me go “well who the hell do you think you are telling me what to do!! hahaha I’m click there!!”

my website is still very early in the planning stages. However the concept will be on self development sharing. In other words everyday people sharing their everday experiences to inspire and help others?? As i said it’s still in the very early stages of Planning. I will be sure to yet you all know when it is up and running :)

Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up

hi Luke,

You got me too – funny how the mind boggles. I was told when you use the word don’t although you’re telling people not to do something, you’re in fact getting them to the opposite of what you don’t want them to do – eg fire alarm rings out – you shout don’t panic – everyone panics. Would have been better to say – Please stay calm. Great to use however in advertising.

I would love to know more about your website once you finalise it.

Great to have you join us.

Cheers
    Lucki

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Luke,

Great idea for the title!

Looking forward to seeing this website when it’s up and running.

I’ originally a web designer by trade, so if you need any help with anything, shoot me an email =)

Best of luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.