Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Please help, I’ve stared at this website for too long!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    ::

Hello Flying Solo friend!

I have had a website put together. Its for a new service I developed which has recently come out of BETA, hooray!

I would really appreciate your feedback and criticisms. My eyes are now past the point of usefulness.

The details are:

1) Website: http://www.xnum.com.au

2) The service: A business tool that tells you:
    a) What marketing is working best for you
    b) Allows you to calculate ROI on marketing
    c) Allow you to QA and improve incoming sales calls handling

3) Target Market: Business Owners and decision makers, Marketing Companies, Advertisers, Publishers and Website Designers.

4) My concerns are I’ve looked at it too long and know the service too well. So I need some fresh new intelligent eyes ( that’s you :) ) to have a look at it and tell me:
    a) Is the website well presented and professional?
    b) Does it explain the service well enough?
    c) Is the call to action strong enough without seeming too pushy?
    d) Does it answer all the question people may have about the service?
    e) Does it look ok on your computer and mobile device?

Thank you very much for anytime you can spend on telling me you thoughts, once again please be honest and do not hold back. :)

To thank you for your time, I would be happy to extend you a $100 discount on the service if you ever take it up. I hope that’s ok to say here if not please delete this paragraph, just wanting to thank people for their time in a way I can easily provide.

Gizmo
    Up

Woops I forgot two points. I’ve definitely looked my new website far too long.

To point 4 I forgot to add:

4) My concerns are I’ve looked at it too long and know the service too well. So I need some fresh new intelligent eyes ( that’s you :) ) to have a look at it and tell me:

f) It is ok to have the video playing like it is or should it pop out into a bigger overlay box and play in that?

g) Is there any grammar, spelling mistakes or places it does not make sense? My wife and I picked up a few but it doesn’t take long before you are reading what you expect to read and hence miss the errors.

Thanks again for any time you can spend on this “flyingsoloians” :)

Gizmo
    Up

No comments?

Gizmo
    Up

Hello,

No comments, was my initial request confusing?

Is there some reason I have had no comments?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Gizmo,

I’m surprised that no-one has commented until now – especially for a regular forumite like yourself who is always so generous in assisting other people.

I’ll kick things off by saying that overall the site is very good.

However, I think the combination of the busy-ness on the still shot of the video and the busy-ness of the photo behind it are clashing a bit – the contrast between the two styles just isn’t working for me.

I think the style used in the video is more in keeping with your other graphics, and your logo, and so might be inclined to remove all the photos and stick with a graphic look and feel only.

I also recommend that you update the phone number on the still shot of the video that appears on the home page to be your own number, because until I watched the video I had assumed it was your number, and if I were interested in your service, I might have been inclined to ring it.

Along the same lines, I recommend that you include your phone number in the top right hand corner of your site – when thinking about phone services I intuitively want to connect with the provider by phone, and it is important to be seen to use your own product, I believe.

I hope that helps, and that more folk pop in with their two cents’ worth shortly.

Love your work,
    Jayne

Gizmo
    Up

Hello Jane,

Thank you.
    Awesome feedback.

With respect to the video I actually had an image there that blended in better with the background.
    Then one of my marketing resellers told me to change it to the shot you see now.

Anyone else care to vote on what will be better for the video?

But definitely those numbers are likely to cause trouble.

Thanks again Jane :D

Gizmo
    Up

Hello Sandra,

Thank you very much for that great in depth review. :)

Two questions if I may just to ensure you understood the service :)
    You said
    “If my business was based on calls, this is certainly something I would be interested in.”

1) Do you mean you do not do any marketing?
    2) Do you mean none of your sales leads come to you in the form of an initial phone call?

I ask this as it not really a tool about phone calls, its a tool to help you determining what marketing works best. e.g. Lets say you advertised online. They visit your website and then they call you and you close the sale. How do you know they came via that particular advert?
    Xnum is about solving this problem.

Thanks again :)

Gizmo
    Up
    Sandra S, post: 204842 wrote:
    Hi Gizmo,

No worries!

You’re right, my clients / prospects mostly get in touch by email or FB. I very rarely get calls.
    But I do understand how it could be beneficial to other businesses.

Sandra

Perfect, then it was clearly explained on the website :)
    Just had to check.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.