Home – New Forums Starting your journey Please provide Feedback for my new business website. Prize for Winner!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    VikasRana
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

I recently decided to start my own SEO consulting business called WebsiteFix and my business website is – WebsiteFix.com.au
    I would like to get user feedback for this website mentioned above. Our target audience is small business owners and as flying solo is a community of many small business owners & experts in different fields, my hopes are high !

So everyone please provide me your feedback about what you think about this site?
    It can be feedback or advice on website design, look & feel, functionality, user friendliness, business advice or anything else. (pls be gentle with negative feedback 😮 )

Prize/ Gift for best feedback/s –
    You’re giving me your valuable time, so I’m happy to provide free SEO advice (a session on phone or face to face, valued $120) for your own business website!!! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 44
    Up

When developing a website going here https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ and testing it helps a lot. I’m starting to see a lot of slow loading websites, now that the trend is to do scroll down pages. As they aren’t optimized and usually try to load the whole page instead of first page/screens worth and load/display the off screen stuff later.

If people get things like image sizes to large, wrong format (should nearly always be jpeg) or uncompressed and have hosts giving tiny bandwidth per connection then you can give a bad impression to your visitors, especially if a company that is web oriented. On cable it took nearly 3 seconds to load, on a dodgy mobile data network it could take considerably longer.

One site I’m investigating at the moment takes over 7 seconds to load the front page on 10+ Mbps, their host only gives 10-15 KBps per connection and the homepage is over 2MB in size. It’s a webstore and the main reasons are wrong sized images for items and the homepage banner, creating static pages for each query, not loading and showing banners straight away while the rest loads.

Other than that it looks pretty good (quick look over) until you get to the bottom. Look at widening the blog post boxes to cover the width of the page and this should also fix how the titles are displayed. You shouldn’t break titles across multiple lines, unless each line makes sense.eg

Public Speaking
    Am I doing it right?

Search Engine Optimization (SOE)
    How is it done?

Footer isn’t the best, fix up the address , remove the >>, align the right text to the width of the rest of the page. Maybe link the location to google maps and email to launch mail client.

Good luck.

Easysmb
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi Vikas
    SEO area maybe easy to enter but hard to excel. A few things:
    1. Your site favicon missing
    2. Footer, as per SMB, not looking impressive
    3. Footer blog wording, do you intend to put link on? currently no link.
    4. mobile site not rending properly, some landing page pictures not loaded.
    5. Mobile site: landing page services content not following each services’ title.
    6. Is it better to link our clients’ with case studies? People clicked and would expect to see what happened with the client. If not, maybe save the page.
    7. What client say ” not automatically swap between clients”, setup issue?
    8. mobile site: menu email address, [email protected] ???

To excel in SEO area, probably, you may need long period to establish your expertise, by blog, technical, cases etc.

Good luck

VikasRana
    Up

I’m so impressed with the time and effort you guys have given to provide me feedback and I really appreciate it.
    This also shows that even if you’re an expert, you may still need second pair of eyes especially when it is “user testing”.
    I’ll personally reply to each of you soon, meanwhile I’m looking into the points both have mentioned above.
    And I’ll select the winners and declare soon.
    thanks again !

VikasRana
    Up
    Easysmb, post: 237982, member: 80732 wrote:
    Hi Vikas
    SEO area maybe easy to enter but hard to excel. A few things:
    1. Your site favicon missing
    2. Footer, as per SMB, not looking impressive
    3. Footer blog wording, do you intend to put link on? currently no link.
    4. mobile site not rending properly, some landing page pictures not loaded.
    5. Mobile site: landing page services content not following each services’ title.
    6. Is it better to link our clients’ with case studies? People clicked and would expect to see what happened with the client. If not, maybe save the page.
    7. What client say ” not automatically swap between clients”, setup issue?
    8. mobile site: menu email address, [email protected] ???

To excel in SEO area, probably, you may need long period to establish your expertise, by blog, technical, cases etc.

Good luck

Hi Michael,
    That was a really good feedback and it does seem like you spent fair bit of time to help me with user testing.
    As promised, I’m happy to offer you- free SEO audit for your site and 1 SEO advice session. Please share your contact details so I can send you SEO advice document or talk on phone for your free session. Alternatively you can also fill up this form on my site to provide your details if you like- http://websitefix.com.au/contact-us/

Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.