Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Please provide your honest feedback on our website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    3901#deleted
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Being an online business our website is critical to our promotion, growth and overall success. We have now been actively trading for 3months and have tested a few different approaches to content and organic & paid search campaigns.

We have just completed the ‘warranty’ period as offered by the web developer and are now interested to hear feedback from site visitors on usability, functionality & aesthetics for future developments. We obviously have our own ideas on what we would like to do next, but we would like to hear from other business owners what your thoughts are.

The website address is http://www.consultingworx.com.au

All comments & feedback are welcome.
    Thanks

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

i took a look from a consultant point of view and there where a few things stopping me signing up

1st there is no mention of the number current jobs posted or the number of competing consultants in my area

2nd with the success fee, is this done on trust?! and if i was to land a $300 job i would have to pay $110! seems like a very high % when there are similar sites which offer leads at $5 or $10 such as serviceseeking.com.au

less to do with the actual website i know but thought id share my thoughts

craig

3901#deleted
    Up

Hi Craig
    thanks for the feedback and comments.

The noticeboard being moved to the homepage is one of the items on the top of our list for future development. Our original thinking was by keeping the noticeboard secure it would ensure a high value proposition for registering, however feedback has shown that moving the noticeboard will not decrease the value of registration.

In a way yes the success fee is partly based on trust. Although Consulting WorX is a new business, we endeavourto build a relationship with both our consultant and business clients so we get to know them as more than just a registration number or a job ID, & in return we hope they will not try to ‘rip us off’. Saying that we also have a couple of manual checks and balances in place to minimise this risk.

Lastly, in terms of your feedback around the fee amounts. Your comments are valid & we are always open to alternative options to structure a fee model. Keeping in mind, we do not charge the business to use this service so we do need to make our income someway.

Thanks once again
    Patrina

3901#deleted
    Up

Hi Nevenka
    Thanks for the suggestions. I agree a video is something we need to get onto and I will check out. I’ve worked with Servcorp quiet a bit in a previous corporate life and found the service excellent. We may look into a physical virtual address in the future.

Regards
    Patrina

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Patrina

It would be great to have the opportunity to browse through the job-, consultant – or business client lists before registration.
    I guess that’s what you mean with “moving the noticeboard”

How far to you follow up on the process? You just make the contact and leave the rest of the deal between the contractor and client and up to their own procedures? Or is there a bidding scheme behind?

Regards
    Astrid

3901#deleted
    Up

Hi Astrid
    thanks for the interest.

We aim not to get involved in the proposal and negotiation stage as the business and the freelancer are best to discuss the details directly. However if our input is required for some reason or a dispute arises we are here to support all parties independently.

No we do not have a bidding mechanism built into the site.

We do follow up with the business and the interested consultants during the process to ensure all is running smoothly and to monitor when the job is awarded. Once this is done we close the job off the noticeboard and request payment from the successful consultant for the success fee and both parties are also requested to submit ongoing feedback on process, service and delivery of project.

Thanks
    Patrina

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Thanks Patrina, sounds good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.