Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Please review freebookkeeping.com.au

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nighttax
    • Total posts: 172
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone
    All feedback appreciated.

thanks
    Evan

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

Hi Evan,

Love that you’re thinking outside the (shoe)box to bring in new clients.

You really need to go back and re-read your content though, it’s riddled with spelling and grammar errors.

I don’t like that the one thing that jumps out on the page is “We want your business”. Don’t tell me what you’re getting, tell me what I’m getting, I’m the customer!

Get your credentials on there somewhere too (we’re busy and too lazy to click on the menu link)

The reason I wrote shoebox was I was wondering if you’re using something like Shoeboxed to facilitate this? Whilst it will cost you money it would damn sure save your time! https://www.shoeboxed.com/ (Wave Accounting actually includes it for free, but alas has no BAS features :( )

Overall I find the website quite hard to look at, I’d increase your line spacing and typeface size and decrease the contrast between the typeface and background to make it easier on the eyes.

As a comparison, here’s a website I put together for a friend who’s also an accountant. I feel much happier and my eyes less strained due to the better contrast between the typeface and background and the larger size/spacing – http://totalpay.com.au/

Add some padding to your boxes too so there’s some room between the text and the line.

With all that above said, had I not just signed up for bookkeeping and BAS with a local place I would have been very tempted, the pricing is awesome.

Maclean

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 203529 wrote:
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 203530 wrote:
    One of those looks familiar :DLol, I didn’t even notice that.

I’ve noticed that this is the second time Night Tax has posted with a website that doesn’t really cut it, so maybe he should look to a theme to help.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

1. Google bookkeeping and see what everyone else is doing.
    2. Match it or beat it.

Shouldn’t be too hard – not many great bookkeeping websites…

Are bookkeepers a bit stingy?

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

This website just doesn’t cut it. I’m not sure who would actually enquire after visiting your website. I thought my noscript plugin had broken the stylesheet of your site only to reload and find your site looked exactly the same.

Speak to a professional web designer and get them to help you out or use a theme as Matthew mentioned.

It’s only one page?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Evan,

Good on you for having a go at building this yourself – I know from personal experience how difficult that can be (and should say that after that experience I’ve decided that I’m never building my own website again!)

From the feedback so far, it seems that while your concept is interesting and has some support, the design and execution you’ve come up with for the site so far aren’t working for you.

What are your options from here? Do you have the budget to engage a professional to help? Is starting with a template as Matt suggested a project you feel you could tackle alone?

Or are you committed to building it yourself, in which case, what kind of feedback would be most constructive for helping you to reinvent it?

Good luck, and I hope you can view the feedback you’ve received so far as being helpful insights rather than criticism of your concept.

Jayne

nighttax
    Up

Thanks to everyone who replied. Every reply taught me something. Some taught me more about building sites and some taught me more about the person who posted. All knowledge is valuable.

Ok so if I accept the constructive criticism. Then I should get some quotes on a rebuild on both my sites. nighttax.com.au and freebookkeeping.com.au so that they present a professional and uniform image. I did visit most contributors websites and viewed your portfolios and went to some of those sites. I did notice some pages took a loooooong time to load so I assume that is what another thread was talking about when discussing WordPress. Also some sites did not seem to adjust to the viewers screen. Please keep in mind that, if you quote, I will expect the site you build to look as good as the templates some of you have suggested AND I will expect the site to load as fast or faster than my current sites. All the info is on the sites and the number of pages is on the sites so I expect some rewording as suggested and a professional look. Please quote if you can really supply a good looking and fast site. Slow sites will not be paid for, just thought I would state that upfront so you know a little more about me.

I look forward to some quotes via PM or my email in the websites.

Regards
    Evan

nighttax
    Up

Hi all

I have done a temporary rebuild of both to try and incorporate some of the suggestions offered. Hope the 2 sites look better enough to do the job until I get them rebuilt by someone who is better than me a website building. Let me know what you think.

All feedback welcome.

Regards
    Evan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.