Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Please review my Fair Trade e-commerce store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Qinnie(OzFairTrade)
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I would love your feedback on my website (http://www.ozfairtrade.org) selling Fair Trade products. I wanted to recreate the feel of buying/selling in markets face to face. I also wanted the website to highlight the stories behind products and the Fair Trade practice. Have I achieved these, or have I overdone these?

Your constructive feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Hey Qinnie,

I’ll be honest and say I really, really like it.

From a technical point of view it all works quite nicely, I did have issues when selecting a colour for a product because it didn’t give me feedback that a colour had been selected. Also, if I was being really picky, I don’t like the first step in the checkout where I have to register or select to be a guest, I would like to automatically be a guest unless I want to register.

But the design is fab. If you wanted a slick corporate site then there would need to be plenty of changes, but given that you wanted the site to be reminiscent of a market stall then I think it hits the design brief brilliantly.

Ideally you could bring the stories behind each product up a bit higher, but I understand screen real estate is limited.

good luck to you

John

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up

Re: Contructive feedback needed on my Fair Trade e-commerce website

Qinnie(OzFairTrade), post: 187219 wrote:
    Hi fellow e-commerce owners,

My website (http://www.ozfairtrade.org) is used to sell Fair Trade products with the purpose of helping the most disadvantaged people in the world. I have used Bigcommerce to build this website, and after numerous improvements I think I’m quite happy with the current version. However, I would love some constructive feedback!

Thanks heaps in advance!

Qinnie

A good start, however it fails the 5 second rule for websites. I’ve got free info on my blog about that.

In essence. you don’t have a clear call to action to start with.

Jenny

Qinnie(OzFairTrade)
    Up

Hi John

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I will fix the issue with option selection so that correct photo shows up. The checkout process is not something that I could easily change but I’ll keep your advice in mind to see what improvements are possible. I’ll also check each product to make sure that I provide adequate story behind it.

Thanks heaps!

Qinnie

JohnTranter, post: 187226 wrote:
    Hey Qinnie,

I’ll be honest and say I really, really like it.

From a technical point of view it all works quite nicely, I did have issues when selecting a colour for a product because it didn’t give me feedback that a colour had been selected. Also, if I was being really picky, I don’t like the first step in the checkout where I have to register or select to be a guest, I would like to automatically be a guest unless I want to register.

But the design is fab. If you wanted a slick corporate site then there would need to be plenty of changes, but given that you wanted the site to be reminiscent of a market stall then I think it hits the design brief brilliantly.

Ideally you could bring the stories behind each product up a bit higher, but I understand screen real estate is limited.

good luck to you

John

barneystoybox
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Great site. But I have to agree with respect to the clear call to action above the fold on the home page and call to action buttons that standout.

We had the same issue at http://www.barneystoybox.com.au until about 5 weeks ago. We spent the day putting a large “enter store”button above the fold on the home page and changed all the call to action buttons to a make them larger and a dark blue (which contrast against the rest of the color scheme).

The result (and I am serious here) is a +400% increase in conversions.

Only other comment I would have that hasn’t been mentioned is I would like to see a ‘home’ button in the menu.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

overload on unnecessary graphics on the homepage….

keep it simple…

1 graphic explaining whats on offer…
    perhaps smaller call to action blocks [gifts for mum] [testimonials] [our story]

then the products…above the fold…

nice clean site tho oce you tweak it a little

Qinnie(OzFairTrade)
    Up

Hi all

Your comments are deeply valued and well noted! I was unsure about the current design of the homepage either. I’ll make some changes taking into account your comments.

Cheers!

Qinnie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.