Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Please review my site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bundys computers
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

hey

http://bundyscomputers.com

i am very new to the world of online and offline business. i have only been going for the last few weeks and its not going very well. i have got a add going in papers and a lot of word of mouth going around about what i am doing every one is asking “how is your business going” but no sales.

can you please review my site and give some feed back on what you think and also some tips on making that fist sale.
    i know i may be asking a lot but i want to learn

cheers
    allan

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Hey Mate,

Couple things to start with…

All the white space instantly draws my eye to your contact details in the middle of the page. At this stage, I don’t care how to contact you and you’ve lost me. I don’t know who you are, what you do, or why I should use you.

That animated bar below the navigation is very restricting, it pushes my eye back down to your contact details. I didn’t even really notice your top menu all that much.

Your menu on the left is a bit of an eye sore, and doesn’t interact with me (no hover effect or anything), it doesn’t inspire me to explore it.

The W7 and PayPal logos are out of place.

Ditch the feedback form, or make it look better.

Definitely ditch the view counter.

Sorry if I picked a little bit too much :P I had to be honest though.

All the best,
    Chris

bundys computers
    Up
    Chris Bates, post: 17981 wrote:
    Hey Mate,

Sorry if I picked a little bit too much :P I had to be honest though.

All the best,
    Chris

thanks for that and no need to be sorry all feedback is needed and it all helps to build a great site. i have made a few changes so far now working on the home page. as i said i am new at this only 23 years old and having a go.

anyway cheers

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Too much white space on the front page for my liking.

why not have graphical and text links to all the products under your little intro heading to fill up the white space?

plus i agree with the previous reviewer … make the links interactive (add a hover over effect where it changes colour or something so i can instantly see which link i’m hovering over)…. and give them a bit more space between them as they are not totally clear instantly that they are separate sections.

^^ i’m speaking about the text links down the side of the page

and you don’t need the animated graphic. it’s okay to have a static one. most people are cynical with “whiz bang” on the website these days. plus you want everything to load quicker.

SEO wise.. on your home page… have your keywords you want to rank well for in bold and large

and get rid of

Bundy Computers – Home in your website title

put keywords there and drop the name of the business out of the title.

also..
    Trading Hours

Mon – Fri 10:00AM – 6:30PM

Sat 10:00AM – 4:00PM

AEST ? or not ?

it isn’t instantly clear if you are perth, adelaide, tasmania or where with your trading hours.

bundys computers
    Up

thanks again . i am trying my best

BrightSpark
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

You have a domain name so why are you promoting Hotmail on the bottom of the pages of YOUR website? You should have your own email address using something like [email protected]. The graphic under your heading distracts from the rest of your page.

As for the time I think all you need to say is Queensland Time as the rest of the country knows that we don’t play with our clocks like others do.

You could also have you page open to a variable width. Very few people are still using 800 wide monitors.

The information in your about us page doesn’t say anything about you.

When I first saw the name I thought you were from Bundaberg, Queensland.

You say that people can’t pickup their orders but you will build systems with all software installed if you live in Cairns. What difference does it make?

ElizabethQ
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Hi!

I like your header and I think that the image under it (the one with the eye) makes it look too cluttered and draws attention away. I’d remove that image completely and stick with the header and the content following straight under the nav.

gigglemedia
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Allan, considering it’s your first online business, I think you’ve done a great job in terms of getting the content up there and functioning.

Design has been well addressed by others posters. However a few things you could do to improve sales and click through:

Home page — Position some “Specials” or “Deals” on your front page. I am currently in the market for a new computer system and seeing Windows Software doesn’t translate to the core of your business, which is computers and computer parts. If you are offering prices more competitive than the RRP, say so, don’t be afraid to say “Save 10% off RRP” or “Save $10”.

Products — At the moment when I click on CPU, there are sub categories in text. As there are only 2 or 4 of these, they are difficult to see next to the products list on the left. Throw in some images for these subcategories eg logo of AMD, or picture of fan for cooling fans etc.

Call to actions — For some of your content pages eg About Us, FAQs, Services, consider putting in some call to actions either text based or graphic to get people to click and buy!

Payment — Do you only take Direct Deposit? You can integrate PayPal quite easily so you can accept credit card payments without requiring a merchant account. Paying with credit card is easier for most people.

Your products — For lazy customers, perhaps you should create some pre-packaged computer systems with a fixed price. While there are tech-heads out there, if your prices are competitive, the average Joe can will hear about your site and perhaps want a pre-packaged system. Select a few of these and position them on the home page of your website too?

One thing about the design – your products on the left are listed in UPPERCASE with little or no bottom margin to separate them. It makes it hard to read.

Hope that helps. Go get that first sale!

— May

beancounter
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

As a start, you’ve done well with your website. From a business perspective “Bundy’s Computers” – doesn’t quickly tell me anything – I have to spend time reading to ascertain whether you repair them, build them, or sell them

If you wanted to create an online catalogue, then that’s great!
    If you are wanting a 24/7 salesperson, then it’s not so great

Most people spend less than 15 SECONDS looking at a website – no different from sitting in a doctor’s waiting room flicking through a magazine

1) Your PRIME Real estate – the top third of your website contains images but no Headline

2) You are assuming that everyone knows what they are looking for on your website – so it is targeted at a very small audience

3) Your metatag description lacks keywords and your metag keywords is too long

We’ve helped many clients build websites that generate traffic and convert to sales, so feel free to contact us for some more tips

Bookkeeping is just one division in our portfolio of businesses

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.