Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Please Review My Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Obfuscator
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hey Guys,

My name is Sai.
    I am new the Online business and about to launch the store.
    My store is : http://www.ozwfh.com.au
    Your valuable bricks & bouquets are welcome :)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Not sure why you put all the spaces in your url, no logic there

It’s in desperate need of a copywriter or at least a grammar check, you know most word processors have one built in.

You may have it on there, but I cant find your ABN, or any other trust indicators, so I don’t buy.

This FAQ – I can´t click the buy button for the selected item
    If you cannot click the buy button for the selected item, the product might currently be out of stock, no longer available – If it’s no longer available dfon’t waste my time by showing it to me, there is npothing more annoying to a purchaser.

I am also wondering about the Deep discounts you are offering on the products,

Obfuscator
    Up
    bb1, post: 271275, member: 53375 wrote:
    Not sure why you put all the spaces in your url, no logic there

It’s in desperate need of a copywriter or at least a grammar check, you know most word processors have one built in.

You may have it on there, but I cant find your ABN, or any other trust indicators, so I don’t buy.

This FAQ – I can´t click the buy button for the selected item
    If you cannot click the buy button for the selected item, the product might currently be out of stock, no longer available – If it’s no longer available dfon’t waste my time by showing it to me, there is npothing more annoying to a purchaser.

I am also wondering about the Deep discounts you are offering on the products,

Thank you Bert for your suggestions. Will check the grammar & add ABN.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo.

Please feel free to set up your signature if you’d like to include your website link.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?account/signature

I quite like your site.

Some things for improvement:
    * Prominently display telephone number
    *Provide Social Proof eg, testimonials
    * Develop more custom photography especially of your products in “natural environments”.
    *Introduce who you are in the About Us page
    *Do more storytelling – try to identify the emotional connection that will help people identify with you.
    *Expand products in categories with only one product
    * Expand categories.

Your site has good bones.

Good luck.
    Paul

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Sai,

To the ‘deep discounts’ that Bert mentioned – e.g. your products all have a ‘slash through’ price and the current price. The ACCC has some information around this practice at https://www.accc.gov.au/publications/advertising-selling/advertising-and-selling-guide/pricing/two-price-comparison-advertising

When selling in this manner, indicating the product was originally one price and is now cheaper/on sale, there are some guidelines at that link to help ensure it’s done in an approved manner and is not misleading consumers.

I can see you have already taken a lot of the above suggestions on board, which is great and I agree the site has good bones and is on its way :)

I think a ‘grammar’ check is a good idea. If you are not in a position to hire a professional copywriter at this stage, perhaps even a family member or friend that can look at the content with fresh eyes to help ensure everything reads as best as it can.

All the best :)

Obfuscator
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 271281, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi and welcome to Flying Solo.

Please feel free to set up your signature if you’d like to include your website link.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?account/signature

I quite like your site.

Some things for improvement:
    * Prominently display telephone number
    *Provide Social Proof eg, testimonials
    * Develop more custom photography especially of your products in “natural environments”.
    *Introduce who you are in the About Us page
    *Do more storytelling – try to identify the emotional connection that will help people identify with you.
    *Expand products in categories with only one product
    * Expand categories.

Your site has good bones.

Good luck.
    Paul

JacquiPryor, post: 271284, member: 20176 wrote:
    Hi Sai,

To the ‘deep discounts’ that Bert mentioned – e.g. your products all have a ‘slash through’ price and the current price. The ACCC has some information around this practice at https://www.accc.gov.au/publications/advertising-selling/advertising-and-selling-guide/pricing/two-price-comparison-advertising

When selling in this manner, indicating the product was originally one price and is now cheaper/on sale, there are some guidelines at that link to help ensure it’s done in an approved manner and is not misleading consumers.

I can see you have already taken a lot of the above suggestions on board, which is great and I agree the site has good bones and is on its way :)

I think a ‘grammar’ check is a good idea. If you are not in a position to hire a professional copywriter at this stage, perhaps even a family member or friend that can look at the content with fresh eyes to help ensure everything reads as best as it can.

All the best :)

[USER=7506]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER] Thank you for your encouraging words & great suggestions.
    Expand products in categories with only one product
    * Expand categories.

Could you please give an example of this?

[USER=20176]@JacquiPryor[/USER] :) Thank you so much for that link. It’s very helpful for a new starter. I will remove slash-through price and keep only the selling price asap.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

* Expand categories.

Could you please give an example of this?”

Stores such as Officeworks carry a huge range of items in various categories.

Depth of range and categories are issues you could consider in light of people’s shopping habits.

If for example, you had 1 only USB drive, you may be better off with none at all or many. But being seen as not having much of a range can be detrimental to you.

On the other hand, if for example, somebody needs a desk, some stationary and a router and a printer to WFH and you don’t have those categories, that can be disadvantageous to you.

If you retailed only stand up desks for example, this would be cheaper and easier to market for and you would not create any cognitive dissonance for the consumer.

Cheers
    Paul

Obfuscator
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 271286, member: 78928 wrote:
    * Expand categories.

Could you please give an example of this?”

Stores such as Officeworks carry a huge range of items in various categories.

Depth of range and categories are issues you could consider in light of people’s shopping habits.

If for example, you had 1 only USB drive, you may be better off with none at all or many. But being seen as not having much of a range can be detrimental to you.

On the other hand, if for example, somebody needs a desk, some stationary and a router and a printer to WFH and you don’t have those categories, that can be disadvantageous to you.

If you retailed only stand up desks for example, this would be cheaper and easier to market for and you would not create any cognitive dissonance for the consumer.

Cheers
    Paul
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. You made an excellent point in that example.
    I am in talks with the different suppliers for other products.
    I will be adding more products soon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.