Home – New Forums Other discussions Please share success stories

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gen Y advantage
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

Hi Soloists,

I’m in business, and my partner is a stockbroker. As you can imagine we are quite exposed to the business world, events and happenings. And sometimes, you can’t help but notice ‘everywhere’ all people do is focus on the negative and doom and gloom.

Move forward already!

Do you have any success stories/good news to share about your business? I’d love to know that other businesses are seeing light at the end of the tunnel and that the whole world has not ‘splattered’. Let’s encourage each other by spreading some good news. :)

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Hi Gen Y,

Great idea for a thread.

I am getting ready to leave the nest and may draw on the responses to prevent me (emotionally) plummeting to the ground!

– tweet tweet

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

That’s a lovely idea Linda – thanks for kicking this off :)

Looking forward to reading about everyone’s triumphs!

Jayne

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

A little disheartening there hasn’t been one response! Hopefully this is a reflection of the modesty of members and not past success…:p

Anonymous
    Up

Don’t worry Paul, I’m sure it’s that everyone is busy working hard for that juicy big new client they’ve just landed ;)

Jayne

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

I’ve had a little win I suppose this last week. Sports Partners has been live since August 2010 and this week has been a record week for us as far as new members go! To top it off, the last month has been a record also.

Onwards and upwards, as they say.

Look forward to hearing others’ small, medium and big wins!

Corset Kylie
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Well I am not to modest share a story, (cant be modest in my business) Corset Corner is now 2 months old, still a baby, and this week thanks mainly to adwords, we have secured sales every day for the past week. I even think I may have had a member here purchase from me, but not positive.

Obviously this makes me happy, but what really gives me a big grin, is that due to my low cash flow and low budget on adwords, I am currently only getting about 30 unique visitors a day, so for the past week I have been converting approximatly 6% of my unique visitors into sales.

And I know I can improve alot of things in my shop, but it’s great to start seeing a return on all the effort and long hours.

And today, just as an excersise in customer relations, I contacted two of my customers to get some feedback on the product, both were very happy and looking forward to buying another corset.

Thats the end of my little brag :)

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Kylie, Hi spinninghill,

Both of those are awesome achievements. Good on you guys!

Love your work,
    Jayne

gen Y advantage
    • Total posts: 63
    Up

Thanks Kylie and Spinning Hill for sharing so far.

Maybe I should add something since I started it.. haha.. :)

*Literally, 10 mins later* This is actually not an easy task.. I’m starting to understand why other soloists are not posting on this thread..

I think a lot of amazing people are so used to achieving amazing things that they don’t stop to recognise their own amazingness (I know that’s not a word) and pat themselves on the back, because in their eyes, it may not be so amazing.. however someone out there may be looking at them in absolute awe and amazement. ;)

I think when you are flying solo, there is nothing more important than to step back once in a while, see what you have achieved and give yourself a pat on the back. I’m sure you will see that you are one step closer than you were yesterday, to achieving your goals. That’s also one step more than the miserable people who are stuck in their jobs, but not daring enough to take the leap of faith like you have. That’s worth a win right? Taking that spare moment to celebrate your wins will give you that extra fuel to keep moving forward.

About 2 months ago, I had this sudden idea that I wanted to write a book sharing my knowledge about social media for small businesses, so I sat down and four days later – done. I built a website (with some design feedback from FS members). I built a social media campaign for the ebook. I self published on my website as well as on Amazon and Kindle, and soon to be other online distributors. So far I have sold about 50 copies of the book. I’ve had positive reviews and businesses thanking me for it. And ever since I released it, it seems like the universe aligned with my goals – I’ve got collaboration proposals from 3 businesses that would compliment my services and have scored 2 contracts for 6 months worth of social media management work.

From the book writing to the online publishing, to the websites, shopping carts – everything (except the social media), I had no idea what I was doing. I learnt everything as I needed over the 2 months to do it and make it happen. After spending the first year of my business trying to make everything ‘perfect’, and not feeling ‘good enough’ to make the leap nor to put myself on the market, I’m quite shocked and pleased with the 360 degree turn I have made over the past couple months. Coming to think of it, I think that’s a win, win, win. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.