Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Polarization – Got fans? Expect Trolls!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    THE SALES WARLORD
    • Total posts: 141
    Up
    ::

As Leela will no doubt agree, Polarization generated by your business persona is a good thing if you want to ensure you grow rapidly.

People will love you for what you stand for and what you do for them and these folks WILL buy and follow you loyally.

People who will never like you trust you or buy from you will steer clear of you and good riddance!

People will sing your praises on high, others will be downright nasty and bitchy.

All publicity is good publicity?

Well that makes sense mostly, but sometimes when people stalk you online and slag everything you say you really wonder…

Polarization.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Some people will love you, others loathe you.

But everyone will be affected by you, and the history books will remember you no matter what!

Creating a STAR persona, a STORY, a LEGEND, having ENEMIES, doing BATTLE, having loyal friends, being betrayed, it’s all SO EXCITING!

People love this stuff.

What this creates is MASSIVE interest and controversy, but with it comes personal attacks and stalking.

It’s what celebrities in LA go through, and when you become a celebrity in business it’s what you go through.

Look at Tiger, best in the world but didn’t we LOVE to judge him on his personal life!

Whatever happens, no matter what people say about you, wouldn’t you rather be SOMEONE.

Being a no one is…

Well it isn’t for me.

I would like to start a thread for some of our business celebrities on the forum about the ridiculous trolling they have experienced at events, online, wherever.

It’s xmas!

Let’s have a drink and a laugh on those who will never really get what they are missing out on by learning from us.

After all they owe us!

:)

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Oh oh, let me go first!

I love it when I got shot down for telling people to have a good old fashioned monthly newsletter. Actually printed on real paper that’s read over a cup of tea or coffee. My goodness, anyone would think I was some kind of hairy caveman with his knuckles dragging along the ground, armed only with a club and a newsletter.

Oddly enough, on Monday night I sat down with a bowl of icecream and spend 20 minutes reading the latest newsletter from one of my mentoring groups, then went back upstairs to my computer and DELETED a whole bunch of emails.

Hey, if I can’t get into at least one argument on a forum or in a group a week I’m doing something wrong. After all, if you try to stand for everything you stand for nothing.

I know who my market is. What about everyone else?

Hugh

THE SALES WARLORD
    Up

You ROCK hugh,

I may have some work for you too btw….

Take a look at my site and you’ll see what I mean *blushes*

Never ever ever write your own copy if you aren’ Hugh!

Hugh Thyer
    Up

I’ll be in touch soon mate,

And yeah, I reckon I can improve on:
    “The service is unavailable.”

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    Hugh Thyer, post: 21989 wrote:
    Oh oh, let me go first!

I love it when I got shot down for telling people to have a good old fashioned monthly newsletter. Actually printed on real paper that’s read over a cup of tea or coffee. My goodness, anyone would think I was some kind of hairy caveman with his knuckles dragging along the ground, armed only with a club and a newsletter.

Hugh

PFt Hugh.

Didn’t you know?

That only works in the US / doesn’t work in our industry / won’t work for everyone / is stupid because I say so / has no ROI (because I couldn’t get any) / won’t work … and you should totally listen to my opinion because my own business is failing miserably and I’ve admitted several times I know nothing about marketing / etc, etc, etc.

Blind leading the blind.

Negativity leading more negativity.

I HEART this, though:

The benefits of pissing people off: http://ow.ly/I9Lx

“He said that if you are really effective at what you do, 95% of the things said about you will be negative. Keep your head on straight, don’t get emotional, take the heat, and just make sure your clients are smiling.”

And there ARE benefits. We make a lot of money getting into flame wars.

That said, I get tired of the crap really quickly … flame fatigue … and that gives me a limited lifespan on sites like this … because I could be giving my energy to people who will listen and make money … instead of negative trolls … bigger game to play … better things to do …

Jay-T
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Even Jesus had enemies.

THE SALES WARLORD
    Up
    Hugh Thyer, post: 22000 wrote:
    I’ll be in touch soon mate,

And yeah, I reckon I can improve on:
    “The service is unavailable.”

Dude its workin for me?

THE SALES WARLORD
    Up
    willa, post: 22048 wrote:
    Even Jesus had enemies.

LOL

That’s more of an Easter story though..

Merry Christmas

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Yep Jesus had enemies and there is much more to this story than I will say here, but it wasn’t so much who he was but what he said.

He told the truth and made people VERY uncomfortable in the process, he told them things about their lives and how they were living that they didn’t want to hear, he confronted them. And in the end that is one reason why they crucified him.

BTW, you should also realise that when you align and commit yourself with such a cause you should expect the same sort of treatment. That is why so many through the ages have been martyred for their faith.

BTW 2, also remember that while Jesus suffered so much opposition and abuse because of the message he brought, his followers, a raggedy bunch from the lowest level of society and largely uneducated, as a result of the message and the teaching and mentoring they received became the hinge pin upon which the whole of western (Christian) society has been established. That should inspire anyone.

Hugh Thyer
    Up
    THE SALES WARLORD, post: 22050 wrote:
    Dude its workin for me?

Ahhh, there it is. Will take a look.

BTW Leela:
    “Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.”
    Too true. And to think of the people that tiptoe quietly around so they don’t upset anyone…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.