Home – New Forums Other discussions Pop Up Shop advice needed!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fiona @opshoppers
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

We are in the beginning stages of creating a pop up shop experience to showcase our garments.

I’m after some info from businesses who have created a pop up shop.

In particular,

What are the rough costs involved?

Who should I contact to get the ball rolling? Real estate agents? Business owners?

I’ve done quite a bit of research on my own. I’m now looking for some more personal stories of what a pop up shop involves.

Hints, tips and advice welcome!

Fiona @ http://opshoppers.blogspot.com.au

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hello! :)

Where abouts are you looking to have your pop up shop?

I would think real estate agents would be a great start.

I do have a link to a lady in Sydney who manages a few, let me know if this is the area you’re after. There are also a few sites that list pop up stores. I did research once but you can tell it was a while back ;)

Melanie Miller Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 90
    Up

Hi Fiona,

Try your local city council. I know that there are quite a few that have retail initiatives with retail premises owners to fill the space with pop up shops to make empty stores look more appealing. Too many empty stores is not great for local business.

In terms of costs – that will depend on where you are. You will most likely need public liability insurance – once again that depends on your situation but an insurance broker can help you figure out costs.

As Leah from Golden Goose mentioned – real estate agents might be able to help. Also have a look on Gum Tree. I heard of a group of four local artisans renting a pop up space for $100 a week from a guy on Gum Tree who just wanted someone in his empty retail space!

Good Luck!
    Melanie

http://www.agent99hq.com.au

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Fiona @opshoppers
    Up
    TheGoldenGoose, post: 164830 wrote:
    Hello! :)

Where abouts are you looking to have your pop up shop?

I would think real estate agents would be a great start.

I do have a link to a lady in Sydney who manages a few, let me know if this is the area you’re after. There are also a few sites that list pop up stores. I did research once but you can tell it was a while back ;)

We are based in Canberra. Thanks for offering to put me in contact with someone who could help. Shame I can’t take you up on it. :)

Fiona @opshoppers
    Up
    Melanie Miller Biz Coach, post: 164836 wrote:
    Hi Fiona,

Try your local city council. I know that there are quite a few that have retail initiatives with retail premises owners to fill the space with pop up shops to make empty stores look more appealing. Too many empty stores is not great for local business.

In terms of costs – that will depend on where you are. You will most likely need public liability insurance – once again that depends on your situation but an insurance broker can help you figure out costs.

As Leah from Golden Goose mentioned – real estate agents might be able to help. Also have a look on Gum Tree. I heard of a group of four local artisans renting a pop up space for $100 a week from a guy on Gum Tree who just wanted someone in his empty retail space!

Good Luck!
    Melanie

http://www.agent99hq.com.au

Thanks Melanie, I didn’t think of Gumtree. :) Great advice!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.