Home – New Forums Other discussions Posting 1kg from china

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    glassflag
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Help me before i spiral into a shaking mental wreck!
    I have asked my chinese suppliers if they will address individual parcels to each customer around the world, and they have all agreed. But, and there is a but, i cannot get any major delivery companies to accept my requests for quotes.
    Can anyone recommend a company in china or australia that will pick up and deliver on a weekly basis and deliver worldwide.
    Many thanks in anticipation of any information

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Have you tried DHL?

Don’t know how their pricing compares, but they’re international and have offices throughout Australia.

Wendy :)

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

i cannot get any major delivery companies to accept my requests for quotes.

It is highly unlikely any company will offer you quotes for ongoing deliveries into the future.

They will not like to offer pricing out too far because of the regular changes in costs such as oil prices, various surcharges etc. which constantly change.

One company that I have used, which seems to offer a pretty relaibale option was http://www.aramex.com

They will not offer long term quotes and when I used them it was through an agent, who collected the parcels. Timeframes were slightly slower than couriers such as fedex, DHL etc, but pricing was generally quite good as the agent had buying power.

This is only based on my experience in Hong Kong and I don’t know their capabilities in mainland China, but may be worth checking out if you have not found any other options.

inkable
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

EMS postal rates are very good from China however that would require someone to go to the post office and it doesn’t work too well for drop shipments as your supplier would be labeled as the shipper. Otherwise you can look at FedEx, TNT, DHL, or UPS. They should be able to handle the paper work for these types of drop shipments. If you are working with Fedex etc you should try to negotiate a discount on their published rates based upon your projected volumes.

Garenius
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

I’m very interested in this as well, I’m planning to send a parcel to China and it would be nice to have an estimate of sorts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.