Home – New Forums Get productive Preparing for presentation and expanding my networking opportunities

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ShaniW
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Hi FS folks!

I made a promise to myself last week that I’d start interacting with like minded others more. Given that I live in Bega which is a bit isolated in terms of getting to FS meetups, etc I thought I’d interact more here.

I haven’t been doing much “in-person” networking at all, as up until recently most of my business has been aimed at the online market. It still is, but I’ve been hanging with the same old, same old peeps, who are wonderful, but we all have the same target market – hardly conducive to getting the word out! In the last week, however, I’ve managed to get to a meeting of the Bega Valley Small Business Club which was awesome, as well as spent a day in the new COWS Near the Coast co-working space in Bega itself. (We’re coming into the 21st century here – YAY!)

This week I’m preparing a presentation for the local branch of U3A about using social media for fun and to keep in touch with loved ones and have been asked to give a small talk about social media for a local IT organisation in July which I need to start thinking about. I’m also preparing the layout for the second ever issue of my eMagazine – both things that happen to be passions of mine and relatively new aspects of my biz.

Today though? It’s Sunday and I’m giving myself some time off to go spend some time in the garden and replenish the stuff that feeds my soul.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to reading of your progress and poking you gently every now and again to keep you on track if necessary ;)

Lucinda Lions
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Hi Shani

What a lovely post. Congratulations on all your recent successes!

Enjoy hanging out in the forums more.

Have fun in your garden today!
    Lucinda :)

ShaniW
    Up
    Lucinda Lions, post: 191039 wrote:
    Hi Shani

What a lovely post. Congratulations on all your recent successes!

Enjoy hanging out in the forums more.

Have fun in your garden today!
    Lucinda :)

Thanks for the warm welcome Lucinda!

I didn’t get to the garden, but spent a great weekend enjoying the warm weather and catching up on domestic chores.

Perhaps this afternoon :)

ShaniW
    Up

Well, with the best of intentions, I haven’t kept up with interacting on the forums more frequently as planned.

I *have*, however, just released my second issue of my eMagazine for female entrepreneurs, creatives and not-for-profit angels so am really excited about that.

In terms of the forums I’ve been on a major re-rorganisation crusade regarding my schedule and have included spending time here every Wednesday in an effort to get to know more people.

Let’s see how it goes this time around……

(If you happen to be in the Bega Valley Shire it would be great to organise a meetup in person!)

ShaniW
    Up

Obviously I missed Wednesday, so am posting a little late. This week I’ve put out a call for submissions for the third issue of Resonate eMag: if you’re a woman in business who would like to tell your story or contribute content that may help and inspire other women in business/not-for-profits and creatives please contact me and I’ll send you a copy of the submission guidelines – the deadline is 15th August and I’d welcome your contribution.

I’m finishing off creating the latest batch of social media content to send to contributors and scheduling it across the platforms I use.

I’ve taken on a little voiceover work, which I’ve never done before and continued with my regular social media gigs for clients.

This coming week I intend to:

• schedule more of my own social media
    • define and develop each of my social media products more thoroughly
    • give some thought to the online courses I want to create
    • continue with existing social media work
    • commence the voiceover project
    • continue with the online networking and challenges I have going at the moment

On Wednesday I’m meeting a fellow entrepreneur for coffee to network – something that is SOOO lacking in this part of the world, so I can’t wait! Thursday sees me working at CoWs near the Coast, Bega’s first ever co-working space – been there once before and I love it!

Friday I’m giving myself an early mark as I have a girlfriend coming to spend the night from Canberra. Home cooked Indian feast and wine coming up!

Steve-AC
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hey Shani,

Sounds like you’re getting on great! I’m glad your location doesn’t seem to be holding you back.

One thing you don’t seem to have mentioned is LinkedIn, have you used that much to help expand your network and reach a wider audience? I’m sure there’s many people on there who may be interested in your content or contributing.

You could also give some thought to what regions outside your area do a lot of local trade and go to events there. I’m sure people are always looking for new opportunities.

Just some thoughts.

Best wishes!

Stephen

ShaniW
    Up
    Steve-AC, post: 198251 wrote:
    One thing you don’t seem to have mentioned is LinkedIn, have you used that much to help expand your network and reach a wider audience? I’m sure there’s many people on there who may be interested in your content or contributing.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have a presence on LinkedIn but am not really leveraging it at the moment. I’m working on refining my social media services before I really go ahead and launch them. I’ve also started joining various groups on G+, which is really interesting, but have had my head down a little at the moment with the next issue of Resonate eMagazine coming out mid-September.

I really appreciate your input!

Shân

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.