Home – New Forums Other discussions Presenters wanted – anyone interested?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up
    ::

I hope it’s OK to post this request – if not, admin please remove.

Business Mums Network is running their (our) thrid annual conference on 20-21 June 2009 in Melbourne and we are looking for presenters.

You can download the call for presentations from Business Mums Conference (there isn’t a lot of detail there as yet… it’s coming). The closing date for applications is 14 February.

It would be great to meet some fellow Soloists there & hear what you have to say. We are expecting around 60-70 business mums at the conference. In 2008 we had 60 attend, and in 2007 there were 50.

Melissa

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Such a shame I can’t be in two places at once ;-) but as you know, I won’t be in the country. I highly recommend the event to anyone else here who is interested.

MissieK
    Up

Hopefully next year Kathie :) And thanks for the recommendation.

Melissa

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Obviously not a mum, so probably not what you’re looking for – but what a fantastic idea!

That’s a great way to beat the isolation that comes from working on your own …

Outstanding initiative!

Edited to add: by the way, are you familiar with Ludwina, the Red Tent Woman? Her networking events attract a lot of mums – and she is one herself. I’m sure she’d be interested in speaking, and her contacts could certainly help fill the place …

MissieK
    Up

Leela, you don’t have to be a Mum to present and/or come along :) We’ve had presenters in the past who don’t have kids and who are Dads.

Melissa

VTraining
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Melissa

Can you tell me what sort of topics and presenters you’re after? I run a Training Organisation and present for corporate organisations regularly on vairous topics such as Time Management, Project Management and how to use technology. I think your initiative is
    fanastic and I would like to help if I can.

Look forward to hearing from you

MissieK, post: 1570 wrote:

Business Mums Network is running their (our) thrid annual conference on 20-21 June 2009 in Melbourne and we are looking for presenters.

You can download the call for presentations from Business Mums Conference (there isn’t a lot of detail there as yet… it’s coming). The closing date for applications is 14 February.

It would be great to meet some fellow Soloists there & hear what you have to say. We are expecting around 60-70 business mums at the conference. In 2008 we had 60 attend, and in 2007 there were 50.

Melissa

Lisa Murray – Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi Melissa
    I am interested in discussing further. My business is named ‘Revive Coaching’ for good reason, so I’m sure I can offer a topic that will fit in very well with your ‘Recharge’ theme.

Happy to chat re ideas on the phone.

cheers
    Lisa

MissieK
    Up

Topics – just about anything to do with business!

Most of the people attending work from home and have kids primary school age or younger and have been in business 3-5 years or more. Many are at the growth stage, or the “Oh help, I’m running a business & not a hobby” stage! lol

Last year we had topics on trademarking, decluttering, marketing, business growth stages, privacy, networking, accounts, and stress management.

I hope this helps :)

Melissa

LukeH
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Sounds like a great idea. Business mums sure know how to take on a challenge – in fact two of life’s biggest challenges – kids and business. Interestingly enough also two of life’s biggest joys! (We have a couple of young boys)

Has it been held in Melbourne every year or do you change the location?

MissieK
    Up

The last couple have been in Melbourne. Our long term plan is to move them around.

I also have 2 boys. How old are your boys?

Melissa

BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Hey Melissa!

What a great opportunity to recharge everybodys’ business – presenters and attendees alike.
    Would love to be involved – am working on a submission as I type.

B.B.

MissieK
    Up

Thanks BB. I love the name of your business too :)

Melissa

Simone Wylie
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    MissieK, post: 1570 wrote:

Melissa

Do you still require Presenters for the conference? If so I’d be happy to have a chat. Simone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.