Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Press release distribution in Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steveo
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’ve had a press release published on PRWeb.com. It’s a US site and so targets US media. I want to get the release in front of Australian media, what is the Aussie equivalent of PRWeb, I’ve found a couple but not sure which is best, any ideas?

Cheers, Steve.

GMHost
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

I used http://www.get2press.com a couple of times, it does delivery to Australian media sources, but it costs $100 for each submission.
    But if you come across a free one, please do tell.

iPublicist
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hi Steveo,

We have no affiliations and generally use our own national media lists, which are constantly updated internally. However, to reach niche segments including obscure trade and B2B titles (say environment, or viticulture) we use AAP Newswire. The advantage of using our own media lists allows us to follow up with specific journos as we know exactly who we’ve sent to – and to pitch personally to our key targets.

When I was a journo, AAP newswire was our bible, so I know it’s used. At under 50c per contact and has got our clients many interviews on 3AW, ABC, and regional radio.

Of course whether the news gets picked up depends on whether there is a newsworthy angle, how well the release is written, and what else is going on at the time – no matter how good the distribution. Can I ask what sector you’re in? And what type of coverage you’re after?

(If you’re going with the spray approach, you’ll need to track coverage. I can recommend Slice Media – again, no affiliation.)

Cheers

Becx

PR Guru Julie
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Hi Steve
    Bec is right. Press releases work best when they contain ‘news’ and are targeted to the media most likely to be interested in the field you are writing about rather than the spray effect.

We do have an interest in that PR Guru has Australian media contact lists for sale that are segmented by interest area so you can be really targeted. These are the lists that we use in our own PR business for our clients everyday. They vary from news and regional editors to the more specific food, health, IT, business, arts and lifestyle sectors. The lists start from $40. Rather than a blanket email, you can tailor individual pitches to each contact when you send them which gets better results, and you build a relationship with the contact.

Hope that helps.
    Julie

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

When we do PR for our clients we hate to call things “Press Releases” and hate to use distribution lists.

All our PR is personalised to the journalist/editor that we are contacting.

You could spend a few hundred dollars spamming a press release out to the editors, or you could spend an hour or two max reading what journalists write, and then sending them something that would interest them.

Of course you might add a document that gives them useable quotes etc, but you need to send them something that will grab their interest, and that they would be happy to publish.

Also, why not build your own list of media contacts that trust you as a source? How good would it be for your media coverage if you had one on one conversations with the writers that mattered?

Send information out 5 – 10 at a time, and get a year long press campaign going, rather than a fire and forget press release blast.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.