Home Forums New here? Share your story Pressure cleaning business

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #998749
    JetAus
    Member
    • Total posts: 2

    Hi, I’ve recently decided to try start my own pressure cleaning business which will involve a method called soft washing. I’ve found out that although there’s other pressure cleaning services being offered in my area nobody has offered soft washing. My question is what questions do I ask people in order to see if this is a viable business? Like when it comes to market research side of things?

    #1215866
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

    The big thing you will have to work out is why they would use your method in preference to how everyone else is doing it. Then use that as a selling point.

    #1215868
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Moderator
    • Total posts: 3,120

    I think that having a niche within an industry is often the most viable way of starting a business within an industry with a lot of competition.

    The problem with softwashing is that there is a need for educating the consumer. That means that the consumer is not searching for you. You have to find them yourself and that is costly in time and dollars.

    If you had a business that just did driveways on the other hand, and it was called $99 Driveway Cleans, you would be found and could advertise to people looking to have their driveway cleaned.

    You could also approach Real Estate Agents and home owners who are selling.

    Having an identifiable niche just make the business a lot easier.

    Having to educate makes the business a lot harder.

    Good luck.

    Cheers

    #1215869
    steve201
    Member
    • Total posts: 278

    Per Paul above, a clearly defined niche is going to make life a lot less stressful.

    #1215870
    valentlau
    Member
    • Total posts: 48

    What problem are you solving, and who are your customers? What makes softwashing good/better?

    #1215871
    JetAus
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    bb1, post: 260186, member: 53375 wrote:
    The big thing you will have to work out is why they would use your method in preference to how everyone else is doing it. Then use that as a selling point.
    I think the

    valentlau, post: 260540, member: 105593 wrote:
    What problem are you solving, and who are your customers? What makes softwashing good/better?
    The problem I’m solving is

    bb1, post: 260186, member: 53375 wrote:
    The big thing you will have to work out is why they would use your method in preference to how everyone else is doing it. Then use that as a selling point.
    The benifits compared to how others are operating is I’ll be using both eco friendly biodegradable cleaning

    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 260197, member: 78928 wrote:
    I think that having a niche within an industry is often the most viable way of starting a business within an industry with a lot of competition.

    The problem with softwashing is that there is a need for educating the consumer. That means that the consumer is not searching for you. You have to find them yourself and that is costly in time and dollars.

    If you had a business that just did driveways on the other hand, and it was called $99 Driveway Cleans, you would be found and could advertise to people looking to have their driveway cleaned.

    You could also approach Real Estate Agents and home owners who are selling.

    Having an identifiable niche just make the business a lot easier.

    Having to educate makes the business a lot harder.

    Good luck.

    Cheers

    #1225180
    danilworker911@gmail.com
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1

    I believe that this is a very good business to start, although the market is occupied by many entrepreneurs, you can still earn money and open something more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.