Home – New Forums Tech talk Prestashop & Web hostiing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    devils13
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

G’day!!!

This web site is awesome…. I am thinking of build up an online shopping care with Prestashop. Is there anyone who has already been running a business with Prestashop?

Main markets are Australia and some Asian countries. Could anyone please recommend a good web hosting service provider?

Cheers,

Pilly

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

I used to use Net Logistics for all my web hosting. They’re a little bit more expensive than some others (about $20/month from memory) but their service and support is excellent.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Pilly,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and thanks for your feedback about the site.

Hope you find some opinions on Prestashop soon. There are two existing threads on the boards that you may like to check out as Prestashop has received mentions in them:

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/talking-technology/8211-does-anyone-here-use-prestashop.html

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/talking-technology/3840-shopping-carts.html

Good luck with your new venture,
    Jayne

IT Advocate
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

I use Jumba, Jumba.com.au or their full service parent company AussieHQ.com.au.

Jumba are a budget host but have a very good reputation. Make sure you chose a small business hosting plan, it comes with telephone support. I have always found their support services great. They have a disclosure policy in place for outages and faults, they don’t use the standard ‘no known issues’.

Since its for a business, you want to focus on quality & support rather than price per month.

Stay away from CrazyDomains.

There is a dedicated forum at Whirlpool regarding web hosts: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/116

tr3nton
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    IT Advocate, post: 51588 wrote:
    Stay away from CrazyDomains.

Care to elaborate?

enjay82
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Pilly,

I thought I’d add my 2 cents after coming across this post, through a google search on “prestashop”.

I too am in the process of starting a ecommerce site through Prestashop… hopefully it will go live by the end of this year.

I’ve been hosting with VentraIP They’ve got various pricing plans but their customer service is great so I’d definitely recommend them.

All the best with your site,
    enjay82

giftedman
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi there

I currently have two sites, one is an oz commerse site and the other is Joomla.

Whilst I can’t give you any advise on Prestashop I can give you some feed back on web hosting.

Bottom line is be careful who you have host your site. I would suggest Melbourne IT as they are one of the largest hosting companies and have good customer service.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.