Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Presumably not a bot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben Goodwin
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Greetings,

I found this forum a few months ago and have been lurking ever since. I can’t really remember how I stumbled across it, but the discussions here have convinced me that it might be worthwhile signing up to this wretched vBulletin forum. I should probably note that I don’t hate the site… I just deplore the use of vBulletin because it’s owned by Jelsoft Enterprises.

I’ve created an account here because I want to engage in discussions and give advice to other entrepreneurs (I do hate that word) and possibly receive some advice myself. I’m located in Canberra, and I probably edge somewhere towards the bottom of the sites average age demographic as I clock in at being 20 years old.

I’ve been in the planning phases of my web development business for several months now, and I plan to be launching sometime late January provided the last finishing touches on the business occur without problems. I’m biased as hell, but personally I think my business will twist (not necessarily in the negative direction, although some may differ on that) the common perception of Australian web development agencies. Then again, who doesn’t have such thoughts about their business before its launch?

And that is about all I can think to include in my introduction. I’m looking forward to mingling with everyone here, and I also feel obligated to welcome everyone into the new year considering this is the first thread of 2014. Happy new year!

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Ben,
    Welcome aboard and thanks a lot for joining and making the first post of the year!
    Great to have you. It’s good crew around here so I’m glad you’ve overlooks tech concerns to join the community.
    Here’s to a cracking 2014 for you and all :)
    Cheers
    Peter

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Ben Goodwin, post: 180548 wrote:
    I should probably note that I don’t hate the site… I just deplore the use of vBulletin because it’s owned by Jelsoft Enterprises.Out of curiosity why is that?

Ben Goodwin, post: 180548 wrote:
    I’ve been in the planning phases of my web development business for several months now, and I plan to be launching sometime late January provided the last finishing touches on the business occur without problems. I’m biased as hell, but personally I think my business will twist (not necessarily in the negative direction, although some may differ on that) the common perception of Australian web development agencies. Then again, who doesn’t have such thoughts about their business before its launch? I love to hear more about how you are planning on ‘Twist’ the industry.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.