Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Pricing online marketing campaign management

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rball
    • Total posts: 136
    Up
    ::

Hi there,
    I’m just interested to know what might the best strategy or formula to charge clients for managing their online marketing campaigns such Adwords and Facebook advertising etc.

Any ideas on the best strategy?

Rball
    Up

Any ideas?

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I am sure there are other threads with opinions etc. but I think that as those methods are already based on a CPM or CPC model, maybe working in with that makes the most sense – it might mean you have to implement minimum spends etc. but I would prefer to have a pricing structure that reflects my dollar spend, rather than something else. Either that or if you are feeling really crazy you can try something along a % of sales made!

Sandii79
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

In a previous role selling online advertising I learnt that customers prefer an account management fee rather than a percentage on top of the spend. It usually suits their budget better.

I would suggest considering using a sliding scale. The Facebook management fee should be less than the Google adwords. Also any unused spend to be rolled over to the next month.

Rball
    Up

But I wonder what a ‘fair’ management fee would be?

SandraMac
    • Total posts: 20
    Rball
    Up

Thanks so much, exactly what I was searching for!

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

It depends on how many hours you plan to spend on:

A) Setup.

B) Monthly management.

Natalie Khoo
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Hi Rball,

I would suggest you work on retainer structure and have the client agree to a minimum term of 3 months. This is because a lot of clients who may not be experienced with social media / adwords may assume that results happen overnight, when really it is a long slog trying to generate momentum if the accounts have just been set up / aren’t performing.

Think about how many hours you would spend creating content, interacting with replies, and analysing figures in adwords. Don’t forget to allocate time to review and improve performance and also time it will take to brief the client on how the accounts are going. I have done similar things for small businesses in the past and usually find around 10 hours per week (not including initial set up fee) is a good estimate.

Your hourly rate will depend on your experience and what your KPIs are (i.e. how many followers in X weeks, how much interaction, how many conversions).

Hope that helps :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.