Home – New Forums Starting your journey Principle place of business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    d3mad
    • Total posts: 73
    Up
    ::

I have read both here and directly on the asic site all the information about registered business address and principle place of business. We are still in negotiations between sites and as such, don’t yet have a principle place of business.

What I haven’t seen is when someone hasn’t yet actually got a place of business finalised. I’ve read that it’s ok to use the home address of one of the directors, but would prefer it to be the right address.

Is it ok to use our home address and change it in a week or two when things are finalised?

From the asic site it appears that it can be lodged online but it’s not clear if there is a fee associated with it.

The hardest thing I’m finding so far is beating the circular references of what comes first, the chicken or the egg. We need the company details to sign the lease, we need the lease to provide the company address, and because we’re still in negotiations with two main parties, I’d just like to start and get other stuff done.

So should we wait we make a decision on premises, which then forces to wait until we finish registering the company and get abn/acn etc, or use another address and change it later (if it’s not going to cost a huge fee)

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

It’s fine to use your home address until which time you may move to another primary business location. You can update address details with ASIC at any time, however it is just time consuming in using their systems and verifying such updates have happened as requested.

Taxopia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 301
    Up
    d3mad, post: 235808, member: 72747 wrote:
    I have read both here and directly on the asic site all the information about registered business address and principle place of business. We are still in negotiations between sites and as such, don’t yet have a principle place of business.

What I haven’t seen is when someone hasn’t yet actually got a place of business finalised. I’ve read that it’s ok to use the home address of one of the directors, but would prefer it to be the right address.

Is it ok to use our home address and change it in a week or two when things are finalised?

From the asic site it appears that it can be lodged online but it’s not clear if there is a fee associated with it.

The hardest thing I’m finding so far is beating the circular references of what comes first, the chicken or the egg. We need the company details to sign the lease, we need the lease to provide the company address, and because we’re still in negotiations with two main parties, I’d just like to start and get other stuff done.

So should we wait we make a decision on premises, which then forces to wait until we finish registering the company and get abn/acn etc, or use another address and change it later (if it’s not going to cost a huge fee)

If you notify ASIC of the change in address (via form 484) within 28 days after the change occurs there is no fee. Beyond 28 days and fines will be imposed. And unlike the ATO it is almost impossible to get an ASIC fine wiped.

At the moment we are including one change for free (form 484 prepared and lodged) with all incorporations.

d3mad
    • Total posts: 73
    Up

It’s all good, we’ve now all-but signed the lease, so we have an address… Thanks again for the opinions in this forum… I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of each other ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.