Home – New Forums Tech talk Printer/Copier Lease

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MikeyA
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi There

I’m new here, I run a small finance company in Blacktown, and like many companies we try to reduce costs. We had a bloke come out after receiving a cold call about our printer (we have two small owned HP’s) and after his analysis he determined that we were paying any where from 11 cents to 30 cents for a colour copy and about 4 cents to 12 cents for a mono copy (A4)

He then proceeded to offer his proposal which allowed us to remove all the 2 printers we had, and get one fairly large mluti functional Konica Minolta colour copier for about $180 rent per months and pay 4 cents for colour and 0.4 of a cent for mono. I have no experience in this, I am hesitant because it is a 5 year contract but all toners and consumables and servicing is included except paper.

Our volume is about 3,000 colour ad 3,000 black and white per month and after doing the numbers we would be better off plus we’d get additional benefits like print from Ipads or smartphones and also restricting and controlling colour. it’s a 28 page per minute with print copy and scan and fax.

Any recommendations? Any experience? is this a good price? He stated this is a special and it is cheaper than anything out there. it all looks good but I’m a paranoid guy.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi Mikey,

My printer is a Fuji Xerox. I will only do a rental agreement over 3 years because technology changes so much. However I love that all maintenance and toners are included.

I think you should get a comparison.
    I have sent you a private message with contact details.

Best wishes.

MikeyA
    Up

Hi Karen

I have read your message – please confirm that you can really get a lower cost per page for an A3 colour machine that 0.4 of a cent for mono and 4 cents for colour that I have received? This amount also has been termed to have a maximum increase of 10% per year.

because I got a Canon proposal as well and they are quoting 0.7 of a cent for mono and 7 cents for colour? The rent was also higher so I didn not consder them.This was no good to me because the cheaper quote I received had very good references about service turn arounds as well.

I will call Richard next week if you confirm the price will be cheaper. I understand the rent may be higher if I do 3 years as i am paying it off over a shoerter period.

Thank you for your input

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

No, my colour is higher. I also have larger paper than A3 – I go to banner size. I just know that they have different machines for office. (Mine is a commercial high end laser.) My rental has been going for 18 months now. The former one I had was much higher. That’s why I don’t like going more than 3 years on a contract.

Each customer’s needs would be different so I don’t know what the rate would be for you. I just thought you might want a comparison to help you make a decision. All the best.

PS Mine is a rental agreement, not a lease. The equipment belongs to Fuji Xerox at the end of the rental term.

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

Mickey,

Both Konica Minolta and Xerox are the 2 major players in that market, and don’t believe the sales rep when he says it is a special price, that’s a common phrase for any salesperson selling anything.

I’ve worked in/with the Printing Industry for over 15 years now and I have to say when it comes to Office machines, the Konica Minolta is better as it isn’t as bad with different paper types and it actually doesn’t use any fuser oil. So the actual colour finish is better and has a bit of a shine to it. You just have to remember that with the larger Lasers there is a Waste Toner bottle that needs to be emptied or replaced, so make sure that is in the agreement, as well as Drums & Fuser Units.

I agree with Karen concerning the lease/rental term. Technology changes very quickly, now granted printers don’t advance as fast as computers, but 3 years should be more than enough, but that is up to you.

If you’re going to be owning the unit after the agreed time, also get details on their maintenance agreements for that time, as it can be fairly costly & cheaper to buy a new unit than get the existing 1 fixed.

Hope this helps.
    Brent

MikeyA
    Up

Hmmm The Konica product looks quite good, the A3 colour devices do SRA3 as well as banners.

I think I’m leaning more towards them – the cheaper running cost is also a bonus

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.