Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Private Investigator Website Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ashman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up
    ::

I am in the process of developing a multi-domain website. For those who don’t know what that is it is a website with more than 1 domain name. In my case I am developing 3 domain names for 1 website.

Can I please have some feedback on load speed and basic functionality and ease of use. Bear in mind this is still a work in progress.

Thanks

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Speed is lightning quick, I’m on ADSL 2+.
    Very easy to use, although I think the forms are a little intimidating, better to just have a general contact form and let the PI’s do their job!

Visually I think it’s missing a little flair, but other than that it’s fine!

Ashman
    Up
    IncredibleCo, post: 118603 wrote:
    Speed is lightning quick, I’m on ADSL 2+.
    Very easy to use, although I think the forms are a little intimidating, better to just have a general contact form and let the PI’s do their job!

Visually I think it’s missing a little flair, but other than that it’s fine!

Thanks for the feedback. Not too sure how to flair up that type of business but I intend to add more graphics.

I agree with you about the forms but the information on them form part of a lead capture process which is automatically migrated into a CRM.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Ashman,

Speed = super quick on all three domains going to the site;
    Ease/functionality = yep, easy to navigate and understand etc.

At this stage though (and could simply be the ‘work in progress’ that’s still underway) – the first slider image that comes up links to a page that says coming soon… (as does the first ‘box’ towards the footer of the page) – and the other two go straight to a quote form… personally if I clicked on Private Investigators, I would expect a page with some information instead of straight to the ‘appraisal’ or contact form.

Hope it helps :)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 118674 wrote:
    personally if I clicked on Private Investigators, I would expect a page with some information instead of straight to the ‘appraisal’ or contact form.I agree, I would go a little further and question why there are three domain names combined into a single site. From a usability point of view that’s a big no no. Especially as it seems that the only thing on two of the domains is a contact form.

Visually, it’s serviceable. Speed is good.

The three boxes at the bottom of the page really should be linked somewhere. A read more link as well as linking the actual images.

Cheers

Printerboy
    • Total posts: 151
    Up

Was fairly quick for me, what is the idea behind 3 domains and not a sub domains?

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Hi Ashman, yeah loads nice and quick for me also.

Nice functional and easy to use site. Good job.

The only thing I’d like to see is a phone contact number. Usually I am all about working online but for this sort of thing I think I would like to speak to someone over the phone or in person, rather than trying to provide a ‘detailed description of my case’ via an email.

Ashman
    Up
    Printerboy, post: 119339 wrote:
    Was fairly quick for me, what is the idea behind 3 domains and not a sub domains?

Subdomains do not rank for keywords. I developed a multidomain website to take advantage of the TLD keywords.

Ashman
    Up
    mexham, post: 119477 wrote:
    Hi Ashman, yeah loads nice and quick for me also.

Nice functional and easy to use site. Good job.

The only thing I’d like to see is a phone contact number. Usually I am all about working online but for this sort of thing I think I would like to speak to someone over the phone or in person, rather than trying to provide a ‘detailed description of my case’ via an email.

Thats a good point but we are trying to avoid phone contact to start with. In this industry you get a lot of calls fishing for information or advice which we are happy to give after a lead explains the case in writing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.