Home Forums New here? Share your story Private Investigator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AlexP1
    • Total posts: 3

Hi Forum
    As you can probably tell by the title, I’m a Private Investigator. I started my own business 2 years ago after spending 10 years in the Security and Investigative Services sector.

I enjoy all aspects of running my own business (except accounts and taxation) and particularly enjoy marketing and sales. I studied a Diploma of Business at TAFE which really provided me with a solid understanding of what it takes in order to run a successful business. I chose the PTY LTD company structure because of legal liability reasons (and I’m really glad I did).

I love being a PI and assisting people in the court process. If there is anything I can do to assist you or if you need a Private Investigator, please send me a PM.

I look foward to contributing where I can,

Alex.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

Welcome to the forum Alex. I used to be a PI but eventually left as I got sick of all the weird clients, and occasionally having to charge people for work on their strange conspiracy theories or paranoia. I don’t know if this is widespread in the industry or I just attracted them. I live too far out of the way to get government or insurance work.

Anyway, welcome and I hope you find answers and community here, and feel free to contribute as you feel like :)

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,115

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo Alex.

Thanks for joining and sharing with us.

How is the PI industry doing during this crisis we are having?

Cheers

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,522
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 269377, member: 28171 wrote:
    Welcome to the forum Alex. I used to be a PI but eventually left as I got sick of all the weird clients, and occasionally having to charge people for work on their strange conspiracy theories or paranoia. I don’t know if this is widespread in the industry or I just attracted them. I live too far out of the way to get government or insurance work.

Anyway, welcome and I hope you find answers and community here, and feel free to contribute as you feel like :)

Rowan your range of skills and experience continues to amaze me :)
    If anyone has the versatility to adapt to changing times it’s you!

Dave

AlexP1
    • Total posts: 3

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I enjoy working with all of my clients, some of them have strange ideas and perspectives but that’s OK by me, I enjoy working my job and dealing with all clients.

The investigations sector has definitely slowed down because of the coronavirus, everybody is at home now and a lot of the systems I rely on for information are unavailable which makes work a little tougher.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

Thanks Dave. Yes, I have don’t a lot of things during my life. I love learning new skills and have traveled a lot so they all add up.
    One of the best jobs I ever had was as the manager of an adult shop for three years. I learned a lot about people and it was so much fun. If it hadn’t closed down I maybe still would be there, or at least would have been there a lot longer.

sianas
    • Total posts: 4

Hi Alex

I know from listening to Kyle Sandilands from the radio that he was a PI and he hated all the waiting around. He has a lot of funny stories in his book actually which is an interesting read. Maybe you should look at writing a book I am sure you have some interesting stories or even starting a podcast.

Sia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.