Home – New Forums Starting your journey Processing/packaging frozen food

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    trufflesource
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi there,
    I’ve been working with truffle farmers this past season and given the season is literally at it’s close now, I have some fresh truffles that I would like to package and sell frozen. I’m finding it hard to find any information on any co-packers that just freeze fresh foods and package them. As I am aiming to sell the truffles to retail stores for tourists to buy and am certain there will be safety regulations, package labelling, and other aspects the product would need to comply with in order to be suitable for sale to the retail market. But I’ve struggled to find any information on where I can get a fresh product frozen and then packaged for sale – there are companies that do frozen foods like meals and finger foods, but I haven’t found any directly dealing with fresh good that have just been frozen. If anyone has any ideas on companies I can contact to process and package the truffles that would be great. I’m on a pretty tight deadline as I just purchased the truffles and only have about 2 weeks to try and get them frozen. Worst case will be for me to sell them fresh and leave the frozen packaging for next season, but I still would like any information on how to proceed. Thanks!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

Hi – Trufflesource ,

I have an ex-client in Sydney called Yummy Karma foods whom is already doing what you are proposing with Indian Food.

The Director’s name is Adnan. Ask here: -http://http://www.yummykarma.com/

trufflesource
    Up

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the lead, I’ll send through a query to find out how they got started!

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Know exactly your pain Mr Trufflesourse.

Slightly different, but I just had an interesting cold chain logistics issue.

Arranging a sample shipment of 10kg of ice cream from Malaysia to Hong Kong, the most cost effective and efficient way I could find to arrange this was to travel to Singapore myself, spend 3 days there (good little vacation), and return with it as check-in baggage. Sounds crazy, but most couriers wouldn’t do it and any that would charged me extortionate rates – all because the package contained dry ice.

Anyway, I’d actually be interested to talk to you about your truffles when you have time.

trufflesource
    Up

Hi Johnny,

It’s Miss actually!! But don’t worry about it, you can never tell from a name on a forum! haha…I know, it’s almost crazy how difficult it is to get some simple information about freezing/frozen products. I would be happy to have a chat about the truffles, let me know the best way to get in touch with you!

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Apologies. Have sent you a message.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.