Home – New Forums New here? Share your story procrastinating far to long, time to get busy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    exposeclothing
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, im a young mother to a little girl. I first started my plan for creating an online clothing store before i even fell pregnant. I previously worked in sales and have actually won awards for my sales skills, however selling online is something im very new to. I plan on doing everything myself, from the tax, website coding and development, styling, marketing, sourcing, even the modelling AND photography. I had most things running smoothly until after my daughter was born, i took a 6 month break from my plans and just kept continuously purchasing stock – now i see it was a big mistake as alot of the stock i purchased is long gone out of style, but we had a few difficulties in the family, my daughters 20yr old uncle passed away from a heart arrhythmia, my mother has untreatable cancer, and my daughter is severely autistic, and is still yet to stand, walk or talk, but she is making steps towards progress, but during this time i found myself extremely busy consoling family, and most importantly doing all kinds of physiotherapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, doctors appointments etc with my daughter to give her the best chance possible.

Now she is nearly 3 and i feel i am able to do more for myself now, especially considering my daughter now attends daycare for 2 days a week, it means my goals are back in site and i can continue with my plans.

-throughout my pregnancy i learnt website coding and development, and while i still haven’t perfected my website yet, it is up and running
    -i have sourced plenty of stock however alot of it is now out of season, and fashion so i will have source more stock, which is what had led me here
    -over my time sourcing stock i have lost so much money of Chinese wholesalers, its very disappointing as alot of the items i have sourced through USA have been made in china, so i would make sense to source products direct from china, but it appears anything i purchase direct from china is terrible quality.

Anyway if anyone has any advice on suppliers… preferably china or australia but for quality goods, i would be most grateful to hear from anyone :)

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hello and welcome to the forums. Thank you for sharing your story, you are so resourceful and I think you’ll do well in your business!

The supplier question comes up a fair bit and with luck you’ll get some good answers and suggestions soon.

Robert and the FS Crew

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

Hi,

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your story.

Please add your signature by going into the control panel so that we can know a bit more about your business.

As you may be aware, there are a quite a few off the shelf platforms available for websites so you don’t need to do a lot of coding. Platforms like Magento, Shopify, Opencart, WooCommerce etc.

From bookkeeping side you can use xero or saasu or myob these are available online.

For sourcing products, have a look at alibaba and alibaba express to source from China. If you know what you are looking for these platforms provide you with quote functionality where you can send out a request for your products and several suppliers/agents come back to you with a quote. You will have a chance to speak to them.

If you have out of fashion stock then I would put them on ebay and sell it off. There is always market for anything on ebay.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.