Home – New Forums Find the help you need Produce stationary product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Netted64
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi All,
    I am developing a stationary product (think notebook/diary) and I am not sure how to find a printer and manufactuer. Ideally it would be an Australian printer who can manufacture in China for instance so they are looking aftert that part. Does anyone have any experience in this or am I being naive…. I have worked for myself for a while but only service based, I have never developed a product before – help!

MattH753
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi, I’m a print broker. I might be able to find you an Australian supplier. Would depend on what you’re after but we can have a chat. Do you have the specs of what you are looking to produce?

Netted64
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Matt,
    My graphic designer and I aare currently working on the product but essentially it’s a type of diary. What does a print brpker do exactly and how much would it cost to engage you?

MattH753
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    Netted64, post: 271391, member: 111832 wrote:
    Hi Matt,
    My graphic designer and I aare currently working on the product but essentially it’s a type of diary. What does a print brpker do exactly and how much would it cost to engage you?

A print broker is an agent that works on your behalf to get the best printer for your needs. There is no cost to you as we get a commission back from the printer. If you print anything, a broker can help you.

There are over 5000 printers in Australia. No individual printer can provide the best quality, service and value in all areas of printing, so brokers can use a combination of printers to deliver the best value for your printing requirements.

We have no factory, no presses, no stock, no operatives, so our overheads are tiny, which helps in keeping our prices to you at the lowest.

Plus we place orders for print every day, so our purchasing power allows us to negotiate the best of trade discounts enabling us to give you the most competitive quotation.

I once did a job with Debden for a diary. That was using a stock diary adding a few extra pages and embossing a leather cover. Most of my work is magazines, marketing collateral and stationery. If you tell me what your after I can ask around get you a few quotes so you can compare apples with apples.

I only source printing in Australia.

Email what you are thinking to [email protected]

Thrive Promotional
    • Total posts: 146
    Up

I think the answer to your question starts with the expected quantity you are printing … printing is often about the size, the binding, the print colours, leaf count, the print run quantity (the higher the quantity, the lower the pricing as a general rule).

An off-shore order would require significant quantity order and you would need to consider freight, clearance, import insurance etc etc. I’m not sure if local printers print off-shore?… or more publishers who use off-shore services??

Perhaps if you are looking at testing the water, you could approach a print broker or several larger local printers to get a general quote and review viability if you are planning to retail this item.

Good luck (and by the way … it is Stationery if you are talking notebook/diary :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.