Home Forums Marketing mastery Product-based businesses: Wholesale & trade fairs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EarthdrawnStudio
    • Total posts: 1

Hello!

I’m Carlie, I run a business & brand offering artwork, prints and greeting cards based on my illustrations. I’m currently building my stock and preparing to take the next step to grow into wholesaling.
    My questions: If you have a product-based business and offer wholesale, what were your first steps to do this? Did you have a wholesale catalogue, and just cold-pursue a range of retailers? Or have you ever attended a trade fair such as Life In Style or Reed?
    Any advice or recommendations would be incredibly helpful and appreciated.
    Many thanks!
    Carlie

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,523

Welcome to the forums Carlie!

Hopefully some of our members can help you out. I would chat to a few small local retailers and say “do you think you could sell these?” (show them a couple of products you think would sell for them). If they say no, then ask about their usual channels for getting in new products. Then you’ll know from the horse’s mouth how they like to find/buy new products.

If they accept your products directly, it’s a bonus :)

Best of luck!
    Dave

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210
    EarthdrawnStudio, post: 266911, member: 115653 wrote:
    I run a business & brand offering artwork, prints and greeting cards based on my illustrations. I’m currently building my stock and preparing to take the next step to grow into wholesaling.
    Carlie

How do you currently generate revenue? On Etsy or do you sell elsewhere?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.